Help Me. They Want To Kick Me Out

hi there

i am a 37 years old german, married with a thai and have two kid's with her.

the last 5 years i got my non O visa in Mae Sot at the immigration.

It was based on her income from her restaurant, because i haven't got 400.000 on my bank.

The income is 60.000 a month and we got the tax invoice.

the last monday they told me we need both now.

show an income and the money in the Bank. And :D a picture of our family.

The picture won't be a big problem, but the cash.

they give me a 60 day stamp ( which cost me 1900,- :) ) and told me to put money on my bank

and come back after 60 days.

Is that really a new law? or just the wrong immigration officer?

is it possible to get a visa in Lao, cambodia or somewhere else?

don't want to leave my family.

Have to stay here, however.

thanks for help

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they have changed the rules, the income or money in bank must be the husbands.

Combined income is gone, your wife is going to pay you now and you must shoe your tax receipts.

No need for both the income and bank money.

From Police order 777/2551.

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

PS

The two months seasoning of the money in the bank is only for first extension.

After that it's three months.

DS

Edited by PoorSucker

Yes. It has to be your money/income.

The rule changed 25th November 2008

If you cannot meet the requirement you need to go to a Thai Consulate and get a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa. Kl or Penang would probably issue. You would need some money in your bank but nowhere near 400,000 Baht.

This Visa would give you unlimited entries for a year. A maximum of 90 days each entry. A border run just before it expires would give another 90 days giving a total of 15 months.

The cost of the Visa is 5,000 Baht.

Good Luck.

You were actually on extension of stay (not a visa). Yes, the rules changed on 25th November last year. Joint income no longer allowed. You have to meet the requirements of 400k in bank (in your name) for 2 months prior to application or 40k/month income (your income).

Or obtain multi-entry Non-O visa from KL. Reports indicate bank book showing 35k+ will suffice (plus a few other papers). That will require 90 day border runs. Do a border run just before the visa expires and you will be stamped in for a further 90 days stretching your visa to 15 months.

Edited by thaiphoon

Maybe you could get a cheap flight to Frankfurt, drive to Essen and get a MULI Non Immigrant O at the Honorar Consulate. Takes 5 minutes, no hassle, no money neded. I did the same thing back in July, not because of the money in the bank - but because I dont want to deal with the Immigration hassle here. Maybe you could visit your family a few days. :)

A flight can be found for 15,000 - 25,000 THB - much better then finding 400,000 within 2 month :D

Edited by asia_pilot

Maybe you could get a cheap flight to Frankfurt, drive to Essen and get a MULI Non Immigrant O at the Honorar Consulate. Takes 5 minutes, no hassle, no money neded. I did the same thing back in July, not because of the money in the bank - but because I dont want to deal with the Immigration hassle here. Maybe you could visit your family a few days. :D

A flight can be found for 15,000 - 25,000 THB - much better then finding 400,000 within 2 month :D

thanks for the quick infos.

anyway Essen is my hometown, but some other German told me that even in the Consulates they want to see money now.

:)

thanks for the quick infos.

anyway Essen is my hometown, but some other German told me that even in the Consulates they want to see money now.

:)

The only thing you will be asked for in Essen is your marriage certificate and your passport :D . It might be a good idea to take a statement from your wife that you are still married and a copy of her ID. However - I havent been asked for this.

Going to Malaysia will be a lot cheaper.

Sure. But sometimes it's nice to be back home and visit family if you ahve to leave anyways. Also, I felt much safer in getting the Visa in Germany then in Malaysia or elsewhere. There are to many changes at the SE asia consulates at the moment.

Edited by asia_pilot

what's about vientiane?

or pnom pengh?

anyone experience with them?

it's not so far from here

No. Only KL and probably Penang.

Vientiane and Phnom Penh single entry visas only. Reports suggest needing much more money in the bank if using Penang.

Jessicar, go to KL or Penang, get a non O multi entry to visit your wife. If you don't have already, open a Bank account in your name. If you don't have the funds at home then start piling the spare cash after living cost into that account. Once you get past 400,000, apply for the extension based on marriage/family again.

If you cannot meet the requirement you need to go to a Thai Consulate and get a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa. Kl or Penang would probably issue. You would need some money in your bank but nowhere near 400,000 Baht.

This Visa would give you unlimited entries for a year. A maximum of 90 days each entry. A border run just before it expires would give another 90 days giving a total of 15 months.

Good Luck.

The cost is 550 Ringet 5.500 baht :)

Good Luck.

The cost is 550 Ringet 5.500 baht :D

how long does it takes in KL?

don't like to stay in muslim coutry's :)

Good Luck.

The cost is 550 Ringet 5.500 baht :D

how long does it takes in KL?

don't like to stay in muslim coutry's :)

it does not take long to fly to KL and pls no racism but you could also fly to Perth whitch does only takes 6-7 hours and I am sure you will get it there

Cheers

If it helps last week I got my Non Imm O from Madrid just had to show marrage cert passport wife was with me but no money to show in bank. They even did it while I waited as we had come from so far away. They was so good and helpful, a real pleasure.

KL, Essen, Perth, Madrid. I think the OP has alot of options. :)

yes, you are right, but still don't know how long it takes in KL to get it?

i know in Essen i get in in 30 minutes, but don't wont to go to germany.

been there 32 years. that's enaugh

well, i think i will go to KL

It is best to take the wife with you when you go, together with your marriage certificate, signed copy of her ID card, completed application form TM7, a short letter from her to the embassy requesting the visa be issued, recent passport sized photo, Thai bank book with some funds and fee.