Proof Of Income Letter From British Embassy

I've just visited the British Embassy, Bangkok website to check about proof of income letter. It states in order to obtain the letter, you must first register with the embassy, whether applying in person or by post. I'm registered, but wonder if this is a new departure?

I too am going to need a proof of income from the Embassy. Having read on this site that registration is required I registered on-line some time ago so when I need to apply for the letter I will already be registered.

Just got to figure out how to get the Proof of Income without having to actually visit the Embassy :)

I too am going to need a proof of income from the Embassy. Having read on this site that registration is required I registered on-line some time ago so when I need to apply for the letter I will already be registered.

Just got to figure out how to get the Proof of Income without having to actually visit the Embassy :)

You can do it by post but check out the requirements. (Payment method and cost)

• 6 months later...

any one know how to get the residence letter by post?

the website is very vague, emails dont seem to get replies..

and again another useless waste of 2500 baht for 1 piece of paper... absolutely criminal charges... puts the Thais to shame...

Telephone the Consulate! once you get through the call system nonsense.

I spoke to a Thai female member of staff and she was very helpful for my "proof of income letter".

Currently its 2408 Baht for the letter and 100 Baht for EMS.

Purchase a Thai postal order making it payable - "British Embassy" and to cash at Nana Post office.

I wanted to travel down to the Embassy and do it at the counter but the Consulate lady advised strongly against it, something to do wih barricades :)