Confusion on visa re-entries

I have just been reading about problems regading visa runs etc.,  I am getting a little concerned over the problems relating to British tourists visa's and re-entries.  We are coming over to Thailand in November and have a triple entry visa on our passports which we applied for from the Thai Embassy, Birmingham, England.  Should we get a 30 day extension when we arrive or nearer the time of expiry.  If so, what is the valid and correct way of doing this.  

If we just leave it as the 60 day entry and then need to have a re-entry stamp which would be the best way around this, I want to make sure that we do not have any problems in view of the apparent crackdown on tourist visa's and re-entry visa's i.e. visa runs.

Do we have to leave Thailand completely for a cople of days or do we just cross the border and then re-enter and have our passport stamped. Which would be the correct way of going about this.

Sorry such a long post but with all that I have been reading and it can be very confusing and conflicting information I would really appreciate any help you could pass on before we arrive.

Many thanks  Shirley

Your Visa is for 60 days prior to coming to Thailand ?

If so Then you can get a 1 month extention at any immigration office just before it expires, no need to leave the country as long as your stay will not exceed 90 days.

After 90 days you can make a 'border run'..

As long as you don't make any shady visa deals involving leaving your passport to some visa service company you are in no danger of having problems, British or otherwise..  :o

Correct me if I'm wrong George or Dr. PP.

Hi Shirley,      should your wish be to fully utilize the 3x90 days i.e. 3x entry. Then like whiplash said leave it until the 60 day then apply for the 30 day extention,Your extension starts from the 'day you request it'.   No need to stay over on your border run can be less than 10 min, my best being 18.