Doi Ping Mansion

westbounder

If anyone is living here or has lived here in the past, can anyone tell me anything good or bad about Doi Ping Mansion near the river. I am a 50 year old American male, and I guess I want to know if it is quiet, safe, and a good place to stay long term.

Thank you kindly

Joe

If anyone is living here or has lived here in the past, can anyone tell me anything good or bad about Doi Ping Mansion near the river. I am a 50 year old American male, and I guess I want to know if it is quiet, safe, and a good place to stay long term.

Thank you kindly

Joe

Joe

I rented there from 2002 to 2005

A nice 2 bedroom on the 6th floor

Haven't been back since though

Good side IMHO: Location excellent-close to everything

clean, decent maintenence, fair prices

Bad side IMHO: Location (One way street-mostly school hrs-)

When schools let out it is crazy with traffic

Mgr (don't know if she is still there) was a Bi**h

had a hard time getting my deposit back

No security whatsoever

GF had her motorcy stolen 2X

Had one friend rent a studio there for 5 years and she liked it

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you kindly

Joe

Joe

I rented there from 2002 to 2005

A nice 2 bedroom on the 6th floor

Haven't been back since though

Good side IMHO: Location excellent-close to everything

clean, decent maintenence, fair prices

Bad side IMHO: Location (One way street-mostly school hrs-)

When schools let out it is crazy with traffic

Mgr (don't know if she is still there) was a Bi**h

had a hard time getting my deposit back

No security whatsoever

GF had her motorcy stolen 2X

Had one friend rent a studio there for 5 years and she liked it

To the OP it sounds like you don't really know what you want. You said you were in a place opposite KSK for a couple of months before getting a house. Not a critiscsm but clearly you are not sure where you want to be or whether you want a condo or house.

That's fine and hopefully when you make the big decision it will be the right one "for you"

As to your reply Joe...

I had a condo in DPM (a renter) and can also add some comments "and correct where you are wrong"

On the "good side" your remarks are pretty accurate.

On the "bad side" partly correct:

One way traffic 06.00 - 09.00 and again 15.00 - 18.00 during time when the schools are in.

Security at the time you quote was just a bunch of hill tribes guys brought in by the manager of that time. HE has been gone for almost two years. And yes you would have found them sleeping most of the night and often during the day. I understand that security improved greatly when they fired all the hill tribes folk and a professional security company was contracted to provide services.

The "Bi**h" was not, never was, nor from my understanding ever will be "the manager" she is purely and simply a book keeper. But your description of her would be correct. I would not have been so kind in my choice of words.

And yes you would have had to fight tooth and nail to get your deposit back.

It might be generally said that there have been some improvements (I still have friends residing in the building) since the period of time you (and likely I) residing there.

But it can be said without fear of contradiction that many (if not the majority) of condominium management and staff consider that it is fair and reasonable to run all sorts of financial scams.

Anything that they can get away with is fair game. "as far as they are concerned"

I should point out that not all properties do not fall into this category, Floral for one is managed in a very professional manner albiet that it's location is not so convenient.

Edited by john b good