Uk Tourist Visa - Current Processing Times

Hello everybody,

just checking if someone recently applied for a UK Tourist Visa here in Bangkok. How long did it take ? Last year at the same time it took 3 days to get the Visa issued. But somehow I remeber to read about beeing 8 weeks now ? Any info on that ?

asia_pilot.

Edited by asia_pilot

My wife submitted her UK visit visa application last Tuesday 13th Oct and just received the SMS notification from VFS that her passport is ready for collection today 20th Oct.

Quick question; I have to collect new UK passports for my son and I next Thursday at the UK embassy so is it possible that I collect her passport at Regent House if I have the receipt and her ID card? We are in Udon and she is busy arranging a tambun for next Friday (her birthday) and it would save some time and money if I was the only one flying down to collect stuff in Bangkok before the holiday!

You must have power of attorney form signed to collect her passport that's what my company have to do anyway as all applications come back to office via courier generally. Ask her to ring Regent house they will advise her accordingly.

OK, thanks for that. She is off out buying fish so I will get her to call them.

Is this a generic power of attorney form or do they only accept something specific?

You must have power of attorney form signed to collect her passport that's what my company have to do anyway as all applications come back to office via courier generally. Ask her to ring Regent house they will advise her accordingly.

Is this a generic power of attorney form or do they only accept something specific?

It's quite simple really and I think it's explained on the receipt.

All you need is a signed copy of your passport and her id and a note from her authorising you to collect to collect her passport, and of course the original receipt.

As I say all very simple and straightforward, I did it recently, though for some strange reason they asked me for my phone number.

It's quite simple really and I think it's explained on the receipt.

All you need is a signed copy of your passport and her id and a note from her authorising you to collect to collect her passport, and of course the original receipt.

As I say all very simple and straightforward, I did it recently, though for some strange reason they asked me for my phone number.

Ditto. I called and they wanted a signed power-of-attorney from her, a scan of my passport and they asked me to write my phone number on it. Then they gave me the package.

Good news, she got a 6-month, multi-entry visa good through April next year. Now we wait for the snow!

Edited by NanLaew