Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

There is a new burger stand in front of Nicom Court at the junction of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao ,and it has great burgers .As good as the ones in Jomtien and around the same price .

Read earlier in the thread - you will see reviews and comparisons of that burger kiosk with Just Burgers in Jomtien. Agree there's not much difference but Just Burgers just shades it for me, though only 1 experience of either.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just been to ust burgers only oe comment TERRIBLE 139 for a burnt paper thin burger on a sloppy roll never again

Paper thin. Wow, that's surprising. Whether you like JUST BURGERS or not, I've been under the impression that they prep their burgers each morning by weighing 'em out and chilling 'em in the fridge. That's what Justin told me when they first opened, and each of the three times I've eaten there, my burger seemed just about the same size... about 1/3 pound! The roll has been the same (not bad) sesame roll each time, too.

Again, it seems probable to me, that when the boss is off the premises (in many/most local farang food restaurants)... the service goes south! (Maybe the portion control, too... in this case)

Paper thin? That is very hard to believe. I have also seen the prepped burgers there. They are all consistent and substantial.

seconded! Will check again the place soonest for a before/after comparison and report back.

I will be out there later this week - will pass information on to Justin. He does listen!

Don't bother, we won't be back. If the business relies on him for quality then he had better stay there and ensure it.

Ok, let's try to keep a level head a positive thought through all this. Keep repeating, " It's only a burger... it's only a burger..."

wel think he needs to be there more or the buisness will collapse i normally go to great americn rib company were your actually asked how you wouldlike your burger cooked as they use ground steak an 10 times better i hope he sorts it out as to many buisness round here fail as soon as the falang turns his back.

The one time I had a burger at the Rib the meat was nothing special and the bun was completely stale. So I do understand trying something once, and one time being enough. Not asked how I would it cooked or whether I preferred a fresh or stale bun either. Regarding the complainant here, color me skeptical.

Edited by Jingthing

The one time I had a burger at the Rib the meat was nothing special and the bun was completely stale. So I do understand trying something once, and one time being enough.

Maybe you said it but I did not see it earlier...........has anybody eaten at hamburger at the Bob's BBQ place (run by a guy from Texas)?

Bob once told me he makes his own ground beef. Any good?

I know he makes a decent chicken fried steak (aka. country steak).

I will not say what I think about the BBQ.

What I want is a thick burger made w/ ground sirloin or something similar grilled over an open fire.

And after eating it I don't want to feel hungry.

I have only been the Bob's once. I had a burrito. It was awful, so I haven't been back. BTW, I am pretty sure the Rib does NOT grill their burgers (at least the one burger I had there had no taste of the grill). Just Burgers does grill the burgers. Does Bob grill his burgers?

I think some of the food at Bob's is good. I like the burgers and the nachos. I have eaten Texas BBQ ribs and I know what you mean about his barbecued food. I do think Bob's prices are out of line with Thailand. You get a lot of food, but I don't think the quality justifies the prices he is charging. Bob is a survivor in Pattaya, and has gone through lots of bad times in terms of his business, but has always managed to resurface.

Bob's BBQ website

• 1 year later...

Didn't Bobs shut down?!?

I found Just Burgers cheeseburger quite OK. Nothing to write home about but good for Thailand. Don't think much of their fries, and they are overpriced.

Thanks and please tell us where to get the best cheeseburger in town. You know, the American burger made with excellent beef grilled over coals. And not costing an arm and leg.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

Didn't Bobs shut down?!?

I found Just Burgers cheeseburger quite OK. Nothing to write home about but good for Thailand. Don't think much of their fries, and they are overpriced.

Thanks and please tell us where to get the best cheeseburger in town. You know, the American burger made with excellent beef grilled over coals. And not costing an arm and leg.

I can't really tell you as was never that big on eating hamburgers. Thailand of course has the issue of crappy beef so even less reason to eat burgers here. However, I can tell you that Rich Man Poor Man Jomtien Soi 9 sometimes does hamburgers on an outdoor grill. I don't know what fuel they use but you can ask them.

Edited by Jingthing

I can't really tell you as was never that big on eating hamburgers. Thailand of course has the issue of crappy beef so even less reason to eat burgers here. However, I can tell you that Rich Man Poor Man Jomtien Soi 9 sometimes does hamburgers on an outdoor grill. I don't know what fuel they use but you can ask them.

Crappy beef is right! I used to praise a certain place in Bangkok for great burgers, which I will not mention as it is one of the sponsors. The last time I was there they served me meat that smelled odd. I could not eat it and paid good money for it (no, I did not take it back because it was a take away order). I will never eat there again. Not only is there the problem of bad beef, there is the problem of quality control. I have never, not once, been served odd-smelling beef in the USA. Why? Quality control! That brings me to my now favorite place for a burger: Burger King. Yes, Burger King. Burger King has adapted over the past year and is now serving really good burgers. Because of Burger King's stringent quality control measures, you never get a "bad" burger. I only wish Wendy's and Whataburger would come here as they are better than Burger King. McD's serves probably the worst burger on the planet (yuuuuuuuuuuck). I will try Rich Man Poor Man at some point in the future. A word to cooks and owners who serve burgers: make sure you smell the meat before cooking it; if it smells off, toss it and do not serve it to customers! And do not try to make a bigger profit by putting fillers in the meat unless you are making meatloaf! Thank you.

I tried the Aussie burger place and won't be back. The meat fell apart--I think they added stuff to it, but I'm not sure. It was not good value. Just Burgers is good, but not worth a trip to Jomtien. I go there once in a while if I'm in the neighborhood.

Didn't Bobs shut down?!?

People are funny. They want the imported beef with imported cheese but not willing to pay for the jet fuel that brings it here. The reason it's so hard to get a good burger is because people are not willing to pay the price to support the ongoing viability of the business. So you have to compromise by using local ingredients. It's just simple economics. None of you wanke_rs whining that you can't get a burger like back home are actually willing to pay for the luxury so I think you should just shut up and enjoy what's available.

A real burger just like back home with the imported beef and cheese would probably end up costing 2 or 3 times what the local ingredient burgers cost. So of course you will have a hard time finding that. Anyone doing it ends up going out of business.

Edited by ES1

Didn't Bobs shut down?!?

People are funny. They want the imported beef with imported cheese but not willing to pay for the jet fuel that brings it here. The reason it's so hard to get a good burger is because people are not willing to pay the price to support the ongoing viability of the business. So you have to compromise by using local ingredients. It's just simple economics. None of you wanke_rs whining that you can't get a burger like back home are actually willing to pay for the luxury so I think you should just shut up and enjoy what's available.

A real burger just like back home with the imported beef and cheese would probably end up costing 2 or 3 times what the local ingredient burgers cost. So of course you will have a hard time finding that. Anyone doing it ends up going out of business.

Burger King is doing it :) But I understand what you are saying. The cost of imported beef/cheese is high and has to be passed on to customers. I disagree that "none of you wanke_rs whining" will pay extra for top quality. Actually, I disagree but I am not sure what a wanke_r is :) British? But, if you are correct, you go out of business if you use crap beef and you go out of business if you use excellent, imported beef. That is a major problem. Why, oh, why can't Thailand get it together in terms of the quality of its local beef? That would, of course, be one financial solution making good beef cost effective. I have heard about Thai-French beef, both good and bad things.

It is the everything-in-Thailand-should-be-cheaper-than-back-home crowd that do the most moaning. There are people who are willing to pay for better quality food, but they are far and few between.

People are funny. They want the imported beef with imported cheese but not willing to pay for the jet fuel that brings it here. The reason it's so hard to get a good burger is because people are not willing to pay the price to support the ongoing viability of the business. So you have to compromise by using local ingredients.

There is allot of truth in what you're saying, however, I believe that a decent burger can be made at an affordable price using local ingredients. There are domestic sources of decent beef (for Thailand) which, when ground and combined with some pork/bacon and a proper spice mix could make a good burger. There are also acceptable sources of cheese (for a burger at least) and of course other toppings. One would also have to find a source of good bread-buns from a local bakery.

I also keep hearing that the Hard Rock Cafe does a very good burger (if one is willing to pay the price...something like B 400-500 right?)

I also keep hearing that the Hard Rock Cafe does a very good burger (if one is willing to pay the price...something like B 400-500 right?)

It is one of the best in Thailand, but would not be considered very good in America, so not worth the price to me. There are some burgers around that are much cheaper and just as tolerable, but you have to look for them as they are not common.

People are funny. They want the imported beef with imported cheese but not willing to pay for the jet fuel that brings it here. The reason it's so hard to get a good burger is because people are not willing to pay the price to support the ongoing viability of the business. So you have to compromise by using local ingredients.

There is allot of truth in what you're saying, however, I believe that a decent burger can be made at an affordable price using local ingredients. There are domestic sources of decent beef (for Thailand) which, when ground and combined with some pork/bacon and a proper spice mix could make a good burger. There are also acceptable sources of cheese (for a burger at least) and of course other toppings. One would also have to find a source of good bread-buns from a local bakery.

Yes, the hard rock is considered one of the best and the reason being....SURPRISE....because of the imported beef (USDA prime and choice certified Angus Beef). And of course....SURPRISE.....it costs 400-500baht. That's how it works you see. Food from all over the world doesn't just wash up on the shore free of charge. So maybe all the people claiming they are willing to pay for the luxury can all go to hardrock and quite their whining (yea right).

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/menu.aspx?LocationID=30&MIBenumID=3&MenuDefinitionID=1&MenuCategoryID=5

Edited by ES1