Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally found the place....about 50 or so meters past the Jomtiem Boat house hotel on the same side of the street going toward Na Jomtiem.

It is an open air hamburger stand type place.

I had the Aloha cheese burger and it was really good. So good in fact I ordered a cheese burger after finishing the Aloha Burger.

Big mistake. I could hardly mount the motorcycle after consuming two.

Next time (and yes there will be a next time) I will just order one burger and either fries or onion rings or one of the other side dishes on offer.

The option of three different cheeses (including pepper jack cheese) was a nice touch.

The owner was chatty and seemed like a nice guy. The Thai cook (who has a waist line the same as mine and obviously likes to eat every chance he has) was also pleasant.

As long as the owner keeps an eye on things (on a daily basis) I am sure most of you will like the offerings available here if you like the fast food concept.

I also noticed a small breakfast menu available but cannot comment on that.... yet.

Open everyday 10 AM --- 10 PM

OK - new hamburger place is opening tomorrow - Just Burgers - on Jomtien Beach Road just past Soi 8 - next to Red and White Bar / House of Pain.

If the burger remains as good as what we got last night for the taste test people from Chiang Mai will be coming here for a burger!!!!! It is an American guy doing it and he has it right.

Real meat, real sauce and the flavour - well I guess you will just have to try it yourself. Opens from 10:00 a.m.

I know I will be eating there on a regular basis and I will bet a Chang beer some of you will be too!

Go try.

Hi,

Went over to Just Burgers for lunch today. Talked to Justin (he mentioned you, A-chick). Told him 'bout all the talk on TV; here's what I learned on Day 3:

Justin (the gregarious) 38, comes from Seattle where he was into event promotion (ie: raves; July 4th parties; bands; ballrooms & bartending). This man can talk. He is proud of his “special efforts” that, he feels, make this new place, well… special:

First, he brought suitcases full of food stuffs from the U.S. Things like: blocks of American, Swiss, Pepperjack & Washington state cheddar cheese & tubs of Beaver Brand hot & sweet mustard; lots of spices, too. He developed a yummy Bbq-mayonnaise which, along with the Beaver brand, makes up one of his “special sauces”…

Burgers are prepared using two grades of local ground beef, specially seasoned (with the suitcase spices, etc) and then prepped into patties, which are chilled & later cooked to order. Sandwiches are served on fresh-baked, sesame buns. He uses real Heinz ketchup… not bottled Heinz tomato sauce.

The head chef (although not a supermodel) is a 28-year old Thai Bbq veteran from Walking St., now learning the new menu at JB (good attention to Justin’s details). Nice guy, too.

I ordered a Cheddar Burger and a Boneless chicken breast sandwich. The burger was big, juicy & tasty. The chicken was big, fresh & cooked perfectly. And, as advertised, the special sauces really made the meal!

Just Burgers is open 10-10 right now, and one wonders if they may soon find a significant demand for their food after 10 pm… we’ll see. Right now, after 3 days in business, they’re just getting started- refining things as they go along & taking suggestions, too.

Good luck to JUST BURGERS. Quoting Justin: "Just give us a try: Just Burgers, Home of the Special Sauce…!"

Other pluses-

Clean as a whistle

All day breakfast

Good music- today: easy U.S. blues

Good seating- soft barstools & nice outdoor table seating

All comments &/or special orders accepted: they aim to please

Green Policy- take-out foods are wrapped in wax paper & served in paper bags. No foam, no plastic.

This place is already good after three days in business. Great potential! We should: give 'em a try...!

-Michael

PS- House of Pain...? Sanook dee, chai mai krap?

post-72929-1256108154.jpg

post-72929-1256108684_thumb.jpg

post-72929-1256108705_thumb.jpg

I just got back from Just Burgers. I got a burger with swiss cheese and fries to go. As soon as I got close, the smell of grilling burgers drew me in--reminded me of clown alley back in San Francisco (now sadly gone).

I ate the fries on the way home in the car--they were very nice. Crinkle cut and fairly thick. The burger was very tasty, but would have been better if I had eaten it right away when it was hot. My bad. The damage was 95 baht for the burger and 59 baht for the fries (a *lot* of fries). That comes to 164 baht for the numerically challenged. Good value for the money in my book considering how stuffed I feel. A big mac is not much cheaper than that.

Justin is very nice as mentioned above. An amusing anectdote--he mentioned that he uses real American Swiss cheese. I guess that's similar to real Thai American fried rice. (The cheese was great, by the way.) Oh, and there were some people eating there, and I thought one of them looked like someone I knew. Well, I figured it out, he's a presenter on Pattaya Uncut TV (I think), the Asian one.

I'll be back to Just Burgers. I like to support honest business people, and as of now they are providing a good product at a fair price. Given the buzz this place is already getting, I see I am not alone in this regard.

Here are some pictures I took:

Here's Justin:

post-10689-1256122700_thumb.jpg

A bacon burger of some sort ordered by another customer:

post-10689-1256122686_thumb.jpg

My burger:

post-10689-1256122671_thumb.jpg

Some location and sign shots:

post-10689-1256122588_thumb.jpg

post-10689-1256122622_thumb.jpg

post-10689-1256122637_thumb.jpg

post-10689-1256122652_thumb.jpg

I'll give it a try next time I get down there, but from the description, I don't have a lot of hope. A REAL hamburger is 100 percent beef with no fillers, spices or other secret ingredients. If I want a sausage sandwich, I'll order sausage.

I'll give it a try next time I get down there, but from the description, I don't have a lot of hope. A REAL hamburger is 100 percent beef with no fillers, spices or other secret ingredients. If I want a sausage sandwich, I'll order sausage.

Don't bother! Leave us that enjoy to enjoy - why go somewhere you have already put sh*t on without even being there?

OK - new hamburger place is opening tomorrow - Just Burgers - on Jomtien Beach Road just past Soi 8 - next to Red and White Bar / House of Pain.

If the burger remains as good as what we got last night for the taste test people from Chiang Mai will be coming here for a burger!!!!! It is an American guy doing it and he has it right.

Real meat, real sauce and the flavour - well I guess you will just have to try it yourself. Opens from 10:00 a.m.

I know I will be eating there on a regular basis and I will bet a Chang beer some of you will be too!

Go try.

Hi,

Went over to Just Burgers for lunch today. Talked to Justin (he mentioned you, A-chick). Told him 'bout all the talk on TV; here's what I learned on Day 3:

Justin (the gregarious) 38, comes from Seattle where he was into event promotion (ie: raves; July 4th parties; bands; ballrooms & bartending). This man can talk. He is proud of his "special efforts" that, he feels, make this new place, well… special:

First, he brought suitcases full of food stuffs from the U.S. Things like: blocks of American, Swiss, Pepperjack & Washington state cheddar cheese & tubs of Beaver Brand hot & sweet mustard; lots of spices, too. He developed a yummy Bbq-mayonnaise which, along with the Beaver brand, makes up one of his "special sauces"…

Burgers are prepared using two grades of local ground beef, specially seasoned (with the suitcase spices, etc) and then prepped into patties, which are chilled & later cooked to order. Sandwiches are served on fresh-baked, sesame buns. He uses real Heinz ketchup… not bottled Heinz tomato sauce.

The head chef (although not a supermodel) is a 28-year old Thai Bbq veteran from Walking St., now learning the new menu at JB (good attention to Justin's details). Nice guy, too.

I ordered a Cheddar Burger and a Boneless chicken breast sandwich. The burger was big, juicy & tasty. The chicken was big, fresh & cooked perfectly. And, as advertised, the special sauces really made the meal!

Just Burgers is open 10-10 right now, and one wonders if they may soon find a significant demand for their food after 10 pm… we'll see. Right now, after 3 days in business, they're just getting started- refining things as they go along & taking suggestions, too.

Good luck to JUST BURGERS. Quoting Justin: "Just give us a try: Just Burgers, Home of the Special Sauce…!"

Other pluses-

Clean as a whistle

All day breakfast

Good music- today: easy U.S. blues

Good seating- soft barstools & nice outdoor table seating

All comments &/or special orders accepted: they aim to please

Green Policy- take-out foods are wrapped in wax paper & served in paper bags. No foam, no plastic.

This place is already good after three days in business. Great potential! We should: give 'em a try...!

-Michael

PS- House of Pain...? Sanook dee, chai mai krap?

great report ..i will visit when im back soon ...pop over to red n white to wash it down after

I went there this morning about 11.30 expecting to try these burgers, but the girls from the noodle stall next door said the owner had

"run away" :) don't know where he went,why,when he's coming back...but we have some noodles :D

so I just got a snap of the menu and left :D

post-2109-1256543962_thumb.jpg

Edited by johng

So, whats the story, does this place still exist then?

Yup, Phil it does. The guy works a lot you know, and just came in a bit late yesterday( it was so-so weather, too). Just passed by there again this afternoon, on my way home. 15:15- they had three customers chowing down & talking. New place, good concept, nice guy... they deserve our support, no? I say give 'em a try- if you don't like it, you don't go back. If you do like it, let us know! Good luck, PC.

Had a cheeseburger there today. It was very good, possible the best I've had in Thailand, and certainly good value at 95 baht.

40 baht for a bottle of coke seemed a bit on the high side considering the very simple venue.

I tried a bacon cheeseburger yesterday but not so impressed, burger very dry and could only really taste the cheese and bacon! Also thought 40 baht for a small bottle of coke excessive.

Had a cheeseburger there today. It was very good, possible the best I've had in Thailand, and certainly good value at 95 baht.

40 baht for a bottle of coke seemed a bit on the high side considering the very simple venue.

I tried a bacon cheeseburger yesterday but not so impressed, burger very dry and could only really taste the cheese and bacon! Also thought 40 baht for a small bottle of coke excessive.

I can't wait to try it........the pictures somebody posted gave me the impression the guy is actually making and serving real hamburgers! I hope it is good stuff.

I finally made it back to Just Burgers tonight and had a bacon cheeseburger. Still full! It was great again.

BTW Just Burgers is actually having its grand opening on Monday night - Loy Krathong. Good timing. Justin is also starting / continuing "Customer of the Month" apparently the most frequent visitor for the month will get his name on the wall and you will get a discount for the next month.

And Justin bought me a beer - didn't hear about any paid for me at Red and White Bar! :)

Well worth the trip from the darkside.

Geesus mother McRee, Aussiechick's turning into one of them! Cheese burger with bacon sounds as appetizing as an Aussie burger with mustard 'n' mayo! :)

A burger needs a good squirt of Rosella. Do I need to bring my own over?

post-63954-1256889900_thumb.jpg

And not that low salt low fat sh1t either!

Geesus mother McRee, Aussiechick's turning into one of them! Cheese burger with bacon sounds as appetizing as an Aussie burger with mustard 'n' mayo! :)

A burger needs a good squirt of Rosella. Do I need to bring my own over?

post-63954-1256889900_thumb.jpg

And not that low salt low fat sh1t either!

Yes, you had better bring your own, as I have never seen that product before. Then again, I've never been to Australia.

What about the beetroot? :D

Maybe thats why he had "run away" when I went there the other day. :)

He was not there this evening .Maybe it was something i said . :lol:His stall was open though and his staff were there .

I feel sorry for the Thai guy running the Red and White bar opposite .He has a good live band play almost every evening ,yet there are seldom more than one or two customers .

Edited by Thaifan2

BSJ - Not only do I dislike beetroot but I am not a fan of tomato sauce either!!! That doesn't make a very good aussie! My bacon and cheeseburger was fine by me.

Thaifan2 - as far as I can remember from talking with Justin - he is legal!

The owner of Red and White is Eoh - the short Thai guy. He is doing OK - steady business and he has a good head on his shoulders as well.

>>Thaifan2 - as far as I can remember from talking with Justin - he is legal!

He would say that ,but questions will be asked if he continues to keep his fat ass and loud mouth on the working side of the counter . :)

The Thai guy has to be loosing big money on the bar ,but i hope it turns around for him as his live band are good .