Equity Trading Account

I opened my account with Bualuang Securities but did so in Thailand. Go to their website, get contact info, and send them an Email with your question. All I needed was money, my passport, and a bankbook from a Thai bank. The bankbook is necessary because any dividends you get are sent to your bank account with 15 percent deducted for taxes and are not credited to your securities account. Capital gains are not taxed so you do not need to keep records or file any reports to the government.

Bualuang Securities is majority-owned by Bangkok Bank which is the number two bank in Thailand. I have never had a problem with them. Since the day I opened my account I have done everything on the internet. The only withdrawal I heve made went from them directly into my bank account in two days.

I opened my account with Bualuang Securities but did so in Thailand. Go to their website, get contact info, and send them an Email with your question. All I needed was money, my passport, and a bankbook from a Thai bank. The bankbook is necessary because any dividends you get are sent to your bank account with 15 percent deducted for taxes and are not credited to your securities account. Capital gains are not taxed so you do not need to keep records or file any reports to the government.

Bualuang Securities is majority-owned by Bangkok Bank which is the number two bank in Thailand. I have never had a problem with them. Since the day I opened my account I have done everything on the internet. The only withdrawal I heve made went from them directly into my bank account in two days.

That's great! Sound easy enough as I already have onshore bank account with Kasikorn.

How about settlement of trades? How do you do pay for share purchases, as well as receive stock sale proceeds? can that be done online via internet banking facilty with the Thai bank?

How about settlement of trades? How do you do pay for share purchases, as well as receive stock sale proceeds? can that be done online via internet banking facilty with the Thai bank?

Robert. Many earlier threads on the same topic/s if you want to get further details. Just use the forum search facility with key-words like "buying shares, sharebroker, stockbroker" etc. For an even better and more comprensive source of relevant info, a little birdy told me that there is quite a good book on the subject being launched in just a few weeks time (hint=see my signature line :) )

To answer your question, yes, easily done through internet banking and linked accounts. The only tricky bit is organising the original account-opening paperwork.