Maxnet Isp

Jestersee

I have been haunted by several internet issues over the last 6 months at various locations.

The current one is this....

I went to Seacon 3 months ago and purchased a 12 month 4Mbps contract for my humble abode over the road. It was set up and worked pretty well. I started to experience unstable periods and also downtime which seemed excessive. When it started to rain rain rain things got worse. Having spoken to several people at true and getting their engineers out (they did a pretty good job to be fair). The conclusion was that I was sold a package that the communication center couldn't honour in terms of performance (due to my location).

So I called Maxnet and they told me to go find their shop at Seacon. After an hour of walking and annoying many people with question like Where Is The Maxnet Shop; I found that it didn't currently exist but should be launched in a few weeks. So I phoned the one at Bangna which did have a tangible form a got a cab there.

They where great and told me about the wireless pack (Premier 3BB), but I was more interested to chat about the ADSL 10Mbps (just to get maximum cover for any future uncertainties). They confirmed I can have either at my current address. They then proceed to do a hard sell on the lower priced package 3BB. I prefer my own wired connection due to past experience rather than a shared network, regardless of how good its supposed to be. They are telling me that the ADSL 10Mbps is designed to optimize performance locally in Thailand and the 3BB is by far the best for international internet use. I have some knowledge of networking and that just sounds like B### S*** to me. I could be wrong but I sense they don't want the expense of installing the line when there is a local wireless available.

Any comment as I could be wrong!!!

Thanks

Not sure you followed what I intended to ask. I don't know what Indy is.

I prefer a wired ADSL (I want their 10Mbps system), but the company are trying to push the 3BB Premier wireless system. I don't particularly like or trust wireless systems, but I may be making a mistake in thinking this.

Maxnet are trying to push the wireless system on the premise that it out performs the ASDL system when connecting to International websites. I don't believe this because data packets once in the Internet have to function the same regardless of whether they came from a wireless or wired connection.

I'm not a Maxnet nor 3BB subscriber, but this is how I understand it:

Indy is ADSL service optimized for local access (websites within Thailand). International bandwidth is very limited, there are also P2P restrictions. << This according to what is advertised on the Maxnet site. This is the cheapest package you can get.

Premier costs more but has no P2P restrictions and supposedly offers superior international bandwidth compared to the Indy package. However, I'd take it with a grain of salt as some Maxnet Premier subscribers have made claims to the contrary.

Btw, it seems we share the same views about wireless systems. I don't trust anything that isn't wired.

Edited by Supernova

Sorry I wasn't aware of all the package names.

All the broadband, both wired and wireless are called 3BB

Indy is the name for all the wired connections

Premier for all the wireless (hotspot) connections

They are trying to push me to have the wireless, but I don't really want it. Thanks for the feedback.

Indy (wired) price range (ex VAT) per month is lowest 3Mbps @ 590B -------- highest 10Mbps @ 1490B

Premier (wireless) 3Mbps @ 1090B --------- 8Mbps @ 5200B

I just read a forum of reviews about Maxnet (put maxnet thailand into google, first link) and it wasn't good. So I guess I'll hold fire and try to find out more about TOT

Not sure you understood right (or the sales person for that matter :) ).

Premier has nothing to do whatsoever with being wireless.

Both Indy and Premier come in over a phone cable in the form of ADSL.

The only thing I can assume is that the more expensive Premier comes with a free wireless router, i.e. that at home you can choose to connect your PC with a LAN cable, along with a laptop connecting to the wifi.

Premeir and indy services are the same landline adsl service where I am at, no wireless maxnet availible here that I know of. What you are missing here is dsl in thailand is a shared service hence indy subscribiers have a contention ratio of 1-20 or up to 20 users per line which basically sucks, while premeir has a contention ratio of 1-10. not perfect but much better in my actual usage. I know you will get a different answer from every subscriber on here of how well their service works, but lets get real for a moment this is thailand lol you are dealing with an antiquated telecoms infrastructure, service providors/installers with no technical skills to deal with network problems let alone doing a weatherproof cable splice, selling tons of unavailible bandwidth so what do we get ? an internet service if it works most of the time when it is not raining that i am not going to complain about, as much as I hate to say it those people constantly complaining all the time maybe need to reassess their living in thailand or just smile and get on with life.

This is another worrying issue. They had no literature in English in the shop. No one in the shop spoke good enough English to explain any detail about the service. They put me through to a service center which also didn't describe it well and seemed to working from an almost inaudible VOIP service. The service center previously that day sent me looking for a shop that didn't exist. I am starting to get the drift now. About the wireless, I think there is a local hotspot nearby, but I could be wrong. It makes sense about the sharing and pricing structure now. There seems to be less negative news about TOT on the forums, so I guess I'll see what they can offer.

I just read a forum of reviews about Maxnet (put maxnet thailand into google, first link) and it wasn't good. So I guess I'll hold fire and try to find out more about TOT

If I were you, I would skip looking for ToT as it is even worse than Maxnet.

Check if CAT telecom is available, they are way better.

I think you're kind of wrong on TOT here.

In general sentiment for TOT ranks about the lowest there is.

Maxnet used to be with the better out there, but all seems to have utterly tits up when they started to quarrel with Jasmine co.ltd, and creating that new entity called 3BB.

I just got ToT installed - nothing else available as yet in my new village. It's been pretty good - not quite the advertised speed but still fast enough to download what I want. No down time even during the heavy rains. I got the 3mb line and have a router so I can use wireless upstairs. I found True, at my old village to be generally faster for the same advertised speed (could get 300mb/s vs about 220 mb/s on ToT using Utorrent for downloads). So far, Ive been happy with ToT.

I just got ToT installed - nothing else available as yet in my new village. It's been pretty good - not quite the advertised speed but still fast enough to download what I want. No down time even during the heavy rains. I got the 3mb line and have a router so I can use wireless upstairs. I found True, at my old village to be generally faster for the same advertised speed (could get 300mb/s vs about 220 mb/s on ToT using Utorrent for downloads). So far, Ive been happy with ToT.

Use wireless upstairs? I'm not very IT-minded, but how do you get wireless upstairs when you're using a land line and router?

Use wireless upstairs? I'm not very IT-minded, but how do you get wireless upstairs when you're using a land line and router?

He's most likely using a router with wifi built in :)

I've got an Hatari HW-AA101, ADSL2+ router that has "wireless" inscribed with the logo, but no instructions. Does this mean I could get wireless around the house? I've read online somewhere that you can configure the router for this.

Hi

In Phuket,, had TOT very bad now i got TT&T or BBB same same, a lot better, Premier 3 MB

To BKK

597117890.png

To SF

597118590.png

HI

Sorry guys just found out i have INDY 5mb line, hhhmmm went in to ask about 10mb line, told me its not good out off Thailand, now i changed to premier lets see how that work out

Took up on 3zie advise and looked at CAT - They had a very professional call center and emailed back to me with their packages..Can anyone advise which package would be suitable for VOIP international calls (1 user, also assuming its a reasonable CAT connection not too far away)???? As currently the connection from True is too unstable to rely on due to my location far from their hub.

CAT

THE PROMOTION

Standard

Speed 2/1 Mbps. is 790 Bahts./Month (Share 20:1 and 10 % for International)

Speed 3/1 Mbps. is 890 Bahts./Month (Share 20:1 and 10 % for International)

Speed 4/1 Mbps. is 990 Bahts./Month (Share 20:1 and 10 % for International)

Premium

Speed 2/1 Mbps. is 1,790 Bahts./Month (Share 5:1 and 25% for International)

Speed 3/1 Mbps. is 2,600 Bahts./Month (Share 5:1 and 25% for International)

Speed 4/1 Mbps. is 3,600 Bahts./Month (Share 5:1 and 25% for International)

Speed 6/1 Mbps. is 5,400 Bahts./Month (Share 5:1 and 25% for International)

Speed 2/2 Mbps. is 2,600 Bahts./Month (Share 5:1 and 25% for International)

Now I have to send the map to the technician for servey the CAT's routh. I will call back to you in 2-3 days.

Well I can tell you that we have good international speeds with the 2/1 Mbps. is 1,790 Bahts which we use in the Office.

I don't know how about the cheaper packages but I assume that those would still be faster (International) than f.e. ToT or Maxnet

This is another worrying issue. They had no literature in English in the shop. No one in the shop spoke good enough English to explain any detail about the service. They put me through to a service center which also didn't describe it well and seemed to working from an almost inaudible VOIP service. The service center previously that day sent me looking for a shop that didn't exist. I am starting to get the drift now. About the wireless, I think there is a local hotspot nearby, but I could be wrong. It makes sense about the sharing and pricing structure now. There seems to be less negative news about TOT on the forums, so I guess I'll see what they can offer.

Try going to the 3BB website (www.3BB.co.th) and look at the promotion page. It's all in Thai but if you copy and paste this into Google Translate you can get an idea of what they are offering.

Ok the English page of their internet services seems to be blank for me so i used the Thai page and then translated it with Google.

I am not sure what 'packages' they are referring to here though:

The service.

Users need to provide the following equipment.

- Computer systems within the enterprise network (LAN).

- Router management and Router.

- End link. To connect the user to the Internet port of CAT Notes CAT can provide equipment. If customers want to be.

Users can choose the size of the bandwidth. As well as flat out want Wid Healthcare International, which is divided into the following 5 Plans.

Plan 1: Suitable for users who want to use to contact the Internet address international priorities. The user can use the Internet and connect to the network. And foreign full 100% of the speed of data transfer.

Plan 2: ideal for users who want to contact the user to the Internet in different countries, mostly. The user can connect to your network using the Internet in full 100% and from abroad of approximately 75% of the speed of data transfer.

Plan 3: Suitable for users who want to contact the user to the Internet in different countries, not much. The user can connect to your network using the Internet in full 100% and from abroad of approximately 50% of the speed of data transfer.

Plan 4: Suitable for users who want to contact the user to the Internet in different countries is relatively low. The user can connect to your network using the Internet in full 100% and from abroad of approximately 25% of the speed of data transfer.

Plan 5: Suitable for users who want to contact the user to the Internet in different countries, at least. The user can connect to your network using the Internet in full 100% and from abroad of approximately 10% of the speed of data transfer.

I just called their call center 1322, which was as good if not better than True call center. They dicussed location and connections, then put me through to marketting and marketting emailed the promotion package through. They will get back to me later this week with more details.

• 11 years later...
On 12/26/2020 at 5:05 PM, roger101 said:

Obviously not

reopening a thread that's 11 years old............is it any wonder.

Suggest you open a new topic giving details of where you are, house or condo etc, current package speed and you may get some sensible answers...........