A New Law

Thomas_Merton

The ever present fear of AIDS; the possible fate of idiots like the unfortunate Mr.Scott; Mr. Thaksin’s desire to increase the moral fibre of Thai society; the obvious concern of the motoring correspondent of The Nation for the bad farang; the lack of responsibility of fathers who abandon their gf and new born child – are all subjects that recently (and possibly all too often) are discussed on this forum.

Whilst ruminating on these subjects during my morning ablutions, as often is my wont given the fact the newspaper had not arrived, my relaxation was interrupted by an epiphany of Paulian proportions.

Could not the honourable Mr. Thaksin introduce a new law: where it should be an offence punishable by death to abandon a woman and your newly born child (a sort of retrospective, three strikes and you are out).

First strike: unprotected sex – very risky with respect to AIDS and possible pregnancies; difficult to prove so only strike one. Therefore no punishment, given the probability you have already signed your own death warrant.

Second strike; pregnancy – on top of strike one, pretty bad, fortunately with modern DNA relatively easy too prove - but your second chance, punishable only by your future discussions with your gf and her family.

Strike three: abandoning mother and child – easiest to prove, thanks to DNA. The piece de resistance is that it also proves all three strikes are a reality. Then it would be “up against the wall MF (this is first time I have ever written this phrase where it actually means what is says)”.

Thus this new law would:

• Combat the spread of AIDS

• Reduce unwanted pregnancies

• Protect mothers and their children from irresponsible fathers

• Improve the moral fibre of Thailand

• Clean up the bad farang population (and the Thai!)

• Improve the use of lighting on our motor vehicles (don’t ask me, ask The Nation).

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Could not the honourable Mr. Thaksin introduce a new law: where it should be an offence punishable by death to abandon a woman and your newly born child

Khun Thomas,

If Toxin were to introduce and enforce this one, at least 30% of all Thai males under the age of 30 would be sent to the chopping block. :o

Great post BTW. :D

Could not the honourable Mr. Thaksin introduce a new law: where it should be an offence punishable by death to abandon a woman and your newly born child

Khun Thomas,

If Toxin were to introduce and enforce this one, at least 30% of all Thai males under the age of 30 would be sent to the chopping block. :o

Great post BTW. :D

Sounds good to me!

well it sounds like bubblegum politics to me.

Lets take the scenario of a woman getting pregnant then leaving the man from whom she recieved the sperm? is he destined for the high jump?

Where does moral fibre ( is that a cliche ) come into the equation of a person ejecting a DNA sample into a biological baby manufacturing machine and not co-habiting for the rest of their natural lives?

it smells of quasi-religious rightiousness -

Is there anything wrong with mass creche's ?

The ever present fear of AIDS; the possible fate of idiots like the unfortunate Mr.Scott; Mr. Thaksin’s desire to increase the moral fibre of Thai society; the obvious concern of the motoring correspondent of The Nation for the bad farang; the lack of responsibility of fathers who abandon their gf and new born child – are all subjects that recently (and possibly all too often) are discussed on this forum.

Whilst ruminating on these subjects during my morning ablutions, as often is my wont given the fact the newspaper had not arrived, my relaxation was interrupted by an epiphany of Paulian proportions.

Could not the honourable Mr. Thaksin introduce a new law: where it should be an offence punishable by death to abandon a woman and your newly born child (a sort of retrospective, three strikes and you are out).

First strike: unprotected sex – very risky with respect to AIDS and possible pregnancies; difficult to prove so only strike one. Therefore no punishment, given the probability you have already signed your own death warrant.

Second strike; pregnancy – on top of strike one, pretty bad, fortunately with modern DNA relatively easy too prove - but your second chance, punishable only by your future discussions with your gf and her family.

Strike three: abandoning mother and child – easiest to prove, thanks to DNA. The piece de resistance is that it also proves all three strikes are a reality. Then it would be “up against the wall MF (this is first time I have ever written this phrase where it actually means what is says)”.

Thus this new law would:

• Combat the spread of AIDS

• Reduce unwanted pregnancies

• Protect mothers and their children from irresponsible fathers

• Improve the moral fibre of Thailand

• Clean up the bad farang population (and the Thai!)

• Improve the use of lighting on our motor vehicles (don’t ask me, ask The Nation).

Who are you, what will you smoke tomorrow & more importantly, who is your tailor -- & where is your barber? :o