Visiting Rayong Seaboard

nong38

Hello I am a new member living in the central area. I was looking to have a few days on the Rayong seaboard and wondered if anyone can recommend a in expensive hotel/appartment to stay in near or on the beach, say about 500/600 baht a night? I wouls also like to have a few facilites nearby, eating places etc. It is not important to have a pool, I am happy to swim in the sea if it clean. Thanks for any advice forthcoming

Hello I am a new member living in the central area. I was looking to have a few days on the Rayong seaboard and wondered if anyone can recommend a in expensive hotel/appartment to stay in near or on the beach, say about 500/600 baht a night? I wouls also like to have a few facilites nearby, eating places etc. It is not important to have a pool, I am happy to swim in the sea if it clean. Thanks for any advice forthcoming

You turn right on Sukh at traffic lights to go to Ban Phe where the boat to Koh Samed leaves ; on the "beach road" you turn left, and then you can go and go and go, and if you don't find anything nice and cheap, you better go back ! After you turned left and drive for about 12 kms, you will come in Laem Mae Pim : BEATIFUL and nice place with many seefood restaurants, and also cheap hotels/guesthouses.....

Of course you can also drive further all the way to Chantaburi, and believe me or not, it IS beautiful and quite there !!!!

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to recommend Mai Ram Phung beach - plenty of places for 400-500bht, just take songthew from bus station then go out at the end of the route, its in the center of the beach, then just look around - any direction will lead you to resort or guesthouse under 600bht