Whats A Day Like For

skycop

You lucky retired Americans or Europeans really like.

I have lived in Thailand and married Thai for 32 years, and just wonder what the heck I could do all day. I like the night markets and shopping there, but am not a bar fly and would not do that outside an occ. beer.

So fill me in what is it you do with your retired Life in LOS!

skycop :o

wants to know...

must be rough though, hope I live a bit longer and find myself there too.

I know what I will do when I´m retired.

Go fishing.

Some gardening.

Fix old car´s and motorbikes.

Read.

Learn Thai.

Surfing the net.

Probably 2 holidays a year leaving Thailand.

Swimming.

Golf.

Other sports activities.

There are plenty of things to do, and the fortune is that one will have the time when retired.

Unfortunately I´m 30 years old and still saving for my pensions.

I'm a retired American who likes the night and came to Bangkok for sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll about 7 months ago to party until the sun comes up.

I sure picked the wrong place. Yes, there is still plenty of sex in Thailand (for a price) but where are the other 2?

I 've had to change my 30 year body clock and now sleep at night. Very boring; nothing to do during the day or night here.

I'm from NYC and really can't go back there and live a decent life style on my pension. So I am kinda stuck here for now. Will probably go to Florida with all the other American retirees and be just as bored but at least I'll have health care coverage.

Any suggestions in the mean time?

I'm a retired American who likes the night and came to Bangkok for sex, drugs :D and rock 'n' roll about 7 months ago to party until the sun comes up.

I sure picked the wrong place  :D . Yes, there is still plenty of sex in Thailand (for a price) but where are the other 2?

I 've had to change my 30 year body clock and now sleep at night. Very boring; nothing to do during the day or night here.

I'm from NYC and really can't go back there and live a decent life style on my pension. So I am kinda stuck here for now. Will probably go to Florida with all the other American retirees (YES PLEASE :D)  and be just as bored, but at least I'll have health care coverage.:D

Any suggestions in the mean time?

You must be in the wrong “joint” then. :o

Me think, “D” is not here anymore so they say !!!!. :D

Try Columbia :D then, they have all that you require :D

Also, we do not need your kind in Thailand. :D

Thank you. :D Drugs that is.

I find it relatively easy to do absolutely nothing and i'm sure happy doing it. :o

I just retired and am living in Korat.

My Dad retired 25 years ago and as far as I can tell has pretty much done nothing, other than household and yard chores, for all of those years. He's happy, in good shape at 80, and seems to enjoy is idle life immensely.

I intend to follow closely in his footsteps.

:D

I used to burn all my dough with living expenses and a bit of fun where I'm from.

I worked two months when I moved here and quit. I only do small contracts, working at home every now and then. I could never save any money before but I've managed to do really good over here in one year :o We have a good life with what we have, we don't live in a castle but it's neat and convenient.

Once the house is all done, I plan on spending a bit more time doing business, more fishing, getting back into golf, recording music an jammin'.

Lately, I've been having problems sleeping early so I wake up around 11 a.m. Have coffee and breakfast, check out the net, do some work around the house as my wife works full time, I feel she shouldn't have to do anything here. Construction is coming to an end as well.

At 41, I feel more than semi-retired. I really like the slow pace here and I'm now convinced may have been a sloth or turtle in a previous life :D

I wouldn't worry about getting bored Skycop. There's plenty to do and see.

See you on the morning chat again?

Cheers!

Penz :D