Tourist Visa, 2-entry?

Following an extended stay in US, I'm about to return to Thailand. My visa having expired, I applied to the LA consulate for a tourist visa. There's a space on the form for "Number of Entries". As far as I knew Tourist Visas were only for a single entry. For a lark, I put the number of entries down on the application as '2'

Sure enough, when my passport came back, the new visa has '2' in the number of entries space. Does anyone know what this means? Can I use it for 2 separate entries of 60 days each? Or does it just mean I can go out and back in within my original 60 days? Or nothing at all?

Does anyone have experience of this? Thanks!

You can enter Thailand twice, as long as the second entry is before the "use before" date written (or printed) on the actual visa stamp/sticker.

Each entry will give you 60 days on entry, on which you can the get a 30 day extension at your local immigration office (for 1,900 Baht).

So basically this type of entry gives you almost 6 months of stay, with one border run halfway.

Just make sure you get the second entry before the actual visa expires, some embassies/consulates only give 3 months, some give 6 months!

With 6 months you have no worries, with 3 months, if you get a 30 day extension after your first entry, you will have to leave before the actual date the extension allows you to stay, as your visa would not be valid anymore (and you would only receive 15 days when doing a land border run!).

You can enter Thailand twice, as long as the second entry is before the "use before" date written (or printed) on the actual visa stamp/sticker.

Each entry will give you 60 days on entry, on which you can the get a 30 day extension at your local immigration office (for 1,900 Baht).

So basically this type of entry gives you almost 6 months of stay, with one border run halfway.

YOO HOO!!!

So I wonder what happens if I ask for 4 entries...... :)