Bangsaen Bike Week November 6-7th

BigBikeBKK

Bangsaen Bike Week is almost here! grin.gif

bangsaen09.gif

Big Bikes and Classic Bikes Festival at Laem Thaen, Bangsaen Beach, Chonburi, Thailand Vol.5

November 6-7 is the Bangsaen Bike Week- if you are free you should definitely try to make this event- it's one of the best bike weeks in Thailand IMHO. http://www.bangsaenbikeweek.com/

Who wants to ride down together on Friday the 6th?

I'm planning to spend a night there, but it's also possible to just go for a day.

Who's in?

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

bangsaen09.gif

Big Bikes and Classic Bikes Festival at Laem Thaen, Bangsaen Beach, Chonburi, Thailand Vol.5

November 6-7 is the Bangsaen Bike Week- if you are free you should definitely try to make this event- it's one of the best bike weeks in Thailand IMHO. http://www.bangsaenbikeweek.com/

I'm planning to spend a night there, but it's also possible to just go for a day.

Who's in?

Ride On!

Tony

I looked at the web site but I was not able to gain much information due to no Thai skills. Am I missing an ENGLISH button? If not, can anyone provide details such as when it starts,ends, and events?

thanks

Mark

Ok guys. I found this on Mocyc.com. It seems that on Friday night it's local band night.

The action starts after 16.00 on the Saturday. A band called 'SILO' and other Thai 'superstars'.

Carabao (full band) will also be there it seems according to the poster

post-62652-1256744795_thumb.jpg

Edited by thaicbr

I looked at the web site but I was not able to gain much information due to no Thai skills. Am I missing an ENGLISH button? If not, can anyone provide details such as when it starts,ends, and events?

thanks

Mark

Try Google Translate.  :)

http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl...com%2Findex.php

As shown by "driving safety lighting put cap knock", the results are somewhat amusing.

Edited by RusticCharm

saorsa. But will you be back for the 21st NOVEMBER. If yes go to the DragonsMc/THAIVISA Charity bike weekend :):D

Might do that mate. I'm looking out the window here and the sea is frozen, so i guess we wont be trying to lay pipe for much longer! :D

bangsaen09.gif

Who's in?

Ride On!

Tony

What is the driving time from Bangkok?

Any recommended hotels?

Thank

Mark

bangsaen09.gif

Who's in?

Ride On!

Tony

Can someone provide me the GPS readings for this event? I think I found it on on maps.google but want to make sure .

Thanks

Mark

^ Hi Mark,

It was good to meet you at the Mash Bar the other evening and I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, but you know how it is :)

Anyway- Bangsaen is only about 90Km from the center of Bangkok. Here's a Google Map that will take you right to the Bangsaen Bike Week:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...308647&z=12

Should be noted that this route above is the most direct, but also the most unpleasant... Riding on the BangNaTrat road is pretty nasty especially on a Friday afternoon so if you go that way be careful!

This is the way I usually go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...234589&z=10

It adds about 30km to the trip, but it's SOOOO much more pleasant!

Anyway- if you're interested in riding down in Friday afternoon let me know.

I haven't booked a hotel yet but there are quite a few within stumbling distance from the stages:

bangsaenmap.jpg

A pic from last year-

1129BangsaenNinjaSm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

^ Hi Mark,

It was good to meet you at the Mash Bar the other evening and I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, but you know how it is :)

Anyway- Bangsaen is only about 90Km from the center of Bangkok. Here's a Google Map that will take you right to the Bangsaen Bike Week:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...308647&z=12

Should be noted that this route above is the most direct, but also the most unpleasant... Riding on the BangNaTrat road is pretty nasty especially on a Friday afternoon so if you go that way be careful!

This is the way I usually go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...234589&z=10

It adds about 30km to the trip, but it's SOOOO much more pleasant!

Anyway- if you're interested in riding down in Friday afternoon let me know.

I haven't booked a hotel yet but there are quite a few within stumbling distance from the stages:

A pic from last year-

Ride On!

Tony

Wow, thanks for all the info.

Friday I will not get home from work until about 18:00 so I will might head up early Saturday morning.

Does you preferred way consist of riding a bit on the Tollway?

I was looking for a hotel but I guess I will wait until I get there. Hopefully I don't have to sleep along the side of the road somewhere because I am getting too old for that.

I plan on returning Sunday morning.

Mark

Tony.. How long will you stay there? I'll probably get there around noon on Saturday and it would be great to have a beer or two if you're still in town:)

peace

Johan

Hi Johan!

I'm thinking of heading down on Friday afternoon and staying two nights so I'll certainly be there on Saturday. Look forward to seeing you there! Give me a call when you arrive. 0868052274

Tony

If any kind sole or group wants to to do The Dragons mc / Thaivisa charity week a favour and give out some leaflets at Bangsaen bike week.

Let me know so i can get some to you. I'm just thinking handing out to the Mc groups tables ETC.

So no I do not think a major hassle.

Unfortunately due to circumstances neither myself or Chris can get down there.

Enjoy yourselves ya lucky buggers

Allan

If any kind sole or group wants to to do The Dragons mc / Thaivisa charity week a favour and give out some leaflets at Bangsaen bike week.

Let me know so i can get some to you. I'm just thinking handing out to the Mc groups tables ETC.

So no I do not think a major hassle.

Unfortunately due to circumstances neither myself or Chris can get down there.

Enjoy yourselves ya lucky buggers

Allan

Hi Allan,

I'll be happy to pass out some flyers. I'm going to ride down directly from my office in Minburi on Friday so I'd need the flyers at my home no later than Thursday (tomorrow) or my office no later than Friday ~1pm

Cheers!

Tony

ps. What are we going to do about the T-shirts? If I don't get the designs THIS WEEK I do not think I will be able to have them ready in time for the event...

T

Wow a BangSaen Bike Week, sounds too cool ! ; hope I wont be out of place riding my new mini Thai 2010 Ninja 250R (SE)? Just found out about this bike event, made previous plans months ago for upcoming BangSaen SuperCar events Nov 27-29. My Kawasaki owners manual designates 4,000 rpm max engine speed break in for first 0 – 800 km. Guess prior to Sat I’ll have to go over to Banglamung and bar fine a sexy little skinny with a thong propped up on the back seat to take away the attention of my fat ass leisurely riding this little mini entry level sport bike around. Going to be really hard keeping the r/min down so low for this weekends road trip. If you see me about say hello. Peace!

Weather permitting I am heading down early Saturday morning. Not sure how you could get the leaflets to me.

Mark

For Kawasaki riders who can't ride down to Bangsaen on Friday, Kawasaki is organizing a group ride from their Big Bike Showroom on Rama 9 on Saturday morning. Not sure what time they are leaving but you can call Kawasaki at this number to find out: Tel : +66-2247 7935-38Map to Kawasaki Big Bike:

map.gif

Happy Trails!

Tony

hope I wont be out of place riding my new mini Thai 2010 Ninja 250R (SE)?
Well, there're many different types of bikes and bike clubs that usually attend. From Vespa (with their furry decorations, multiple lights and mirrors etc) and scooter clubs to Harleys and Superbikes. Don't worry about what you're riding. Edited by RusticCharm

Wow, good fun last night, but my head hurts :D Sitting in the hotel restaurant here in Bangsaen enjoying the ocean view and watching the bikes roll by. If that was a local band on the big stage last night they were dam_n good! Looking forward to Carabao tonight. And somebody needs to lock up that maniac on the ZX10R with the race exhaust. All the chopper guys are getting pissed because no one can hear their bikes :)

Ride On!

Tony

"lock up that maniac on the ZX10R with the race exhaust"

Is Dunder there already. OR are you talking about the maniac we all love and know TRENTY aka BANANA BOY :D:)

Hello All,

I am going to quickly upload my pics as my internet is acting up.

Here goes:

post-52293-1257653691_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653716_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653729_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653746_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653761_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653778_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653797_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653826_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653846_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653861_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1257653880_thumb.jpg