Canon 350d Needs Cleaning, Where To Go In Bangkok?

sabaijai

My Canon 350D has a little something - fungus? - growing on the sensor and I would like to have it cleaned. Does anyone have any recommendations in Bangkok? Better yet somewhere with a quick turnaround, ie, two or three days? Warranty service not needed as the warranty expires years ago.

My Canon 350D has a little something - fungus? - growing on the sensor and I would like to have it cleaned. Does anyone have any recommendations in Bangkok? Better yet somewhere with a quick turnaround, ie, two or three days? Warranty service not needed as the warranty expires years ago.

Canon service center - usually about 1 hour - Thb 300

If it's real bad maybe the next day

I had a 20 year old lens awash with fungus cleaned by them last year - perfect.

p.s. why not invest in the Visible Dust products and do it yourself the next time - I clean my sensor every 2/3 weeks and it takes 20 minutes at a time. Money well spent and saves me traveling to BKK.

Edited by The Vulcan

Where else to bring other than Canon service center?

It's on 10th floor of Bangkok City Tower building (ABM AMRO sign on top), at the southeast corner of Sathorn - Narathiwat Rd intersection, 5 min walk from BTS Chong Nongsri station.

Sensor cleaning can be done in less than half a day, if you're willing to wait, depending on the queue. There's starbucks on the 1st floor of the Bangkok City Tower building if you choose to wait.

How long did that take (and how much)?

Edited by Nordlys

Where else to bring other than Canon service center?

It's on 10th floor of Bangkok City Tower building (ABM AMRO sign on top), at the southeast corner of Sathorn - Narathiwat Rd intersection, 5 min walk from BTS Chong Nongsri station.

Sensor cleaning can be done in less than half a day, if you're willing to wait, depending on the queue. There's starbucks on the 1st floor of the Bangkok City Tower building if you choose to wait.

How long did that take (and how much)?

I day - I had a sensor clean at the same time and the total bill was only Thb 800 if I remember correctly