Adsense Ads Inside Individual Posts

steelepulse

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a place for advertising and it is not within forum subjects.

We should be able to block banner type advertisments, they are the equivalent of junk mail.

If you want to find a site use the numerous search engines available, there are others beside "google"

I just replied to a post and automatically a google ad for a site that I have no connection with was posted also.

Please delete this advertisment as soon as possible. Legal action could be forthcoming. TV posted it without my wriiten permission.

We are testing new ad placements, and you input is important, give us a few days to evaluate pls.

Cheers

Thaivisa is going from bad to worse I’m afraid, a few years a go it was quite good, but today with all this google shit and other advertising it’s looking as a Christmas tree… :)

The administrators are trying to test different ad placement with as overall goal to reduce the amount of ads displayed.

Currently only using the Phuket and Phuket news forums for the tests.

Test will run for about a week.

Our excuses for any inconveniences!

Well I see it in this section of the forum and many other areas as well, and it is annoying.

In the future I guess if we all pay something we can get an account on here without the adverts - in the coming soon basket?

We should be able to block banner type advertisments, they are the equivalent of junk mail.

If you want to find a site use the numerous search engines available, there are others beside "google"

from the forum rules:

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

Awesome rule.

charming obvious subtle verbalised. while pointing out what is not possible it provides an indication of what is not impossible. you are not allowed to talk about how can be done what can be done.

the conclusion to come to a solution requires much lesser competence than the knowledge that there are other search engines next to google.

We are testing new ad placements, and you input is important, give us a few days to evaluate pls.

Cheers

I think an evaluation from the feedback in the last 24 hours should be a good indication of how well this change is going down ..... a few days is more than a few days too many required.

Put it back to how it was then we can all revert to just ignoring the ads at the top of the screen.

The google ads are filling more and more space on TV. Please please, stop this. Now the ads are inbetween threads too. I dont mind some ads, i can appreciate that you need advertising. But you also need happy users. I am not one right now.

Cheers

Hi George,

As a sponsor, I enjoy using Thai Visa because it enables me to post information, and establish an interactive relationship with a potential customer base as well as promote a product.

I find the new google ads to be not ony obtrusive, but they distract from my post by offering the reader links to other pages... Thats not quite the effect I was hoping for...

I recently submitted, what I thought, was a good informative post...here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Generators-T...nd-t309747.html

It now looks like a paid ad for screwfix... I created the content of that post, shouldnt I have some say over the nature of the ads being tagged onto it.

Genset

Edited by genset

from the forum rules:

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

Awesome rule.

charming obvious subtle verbalised. while pointing out what is not possible it provides an indication of what is not impossible. you are not allowed to talk about how can be done what can be done.

the conclusion to come to a solution requires much lesser competence than the knowledge that there are other search engines next to google.

It just goes to show if you are that annoyed with the current situation something can be done about it, else there would be no rule about it. As per the rule "Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed."

This current situation got me motivated enough to enquire why there would be such a rule published like this, and to discover a very good solution.

But this leads me to another question. If this rule exists, why is it there is a sub-forum for just this, talking about web browsers you use to access TV i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc. as this is a function of these web browsers. By talking about your web browser you are breaking the rules, please tell me this is not so, else most of the users in the Internet sub-forum will have to be banned.

Having said that, I am now a very happy chappie, as our google adsense advertising is also all over TV and working well for us, so as a by product of this, thanks TV.

Edited by joncl

We are not asking you to remove all advertising, just put it in its rightful place.

In other words remove all advertising from TV members posts, it is not that difficult is it?

"Adsense" is "Nonsense"

And "genset" has made a very good point.

Edited by david96

George is working on solving this issue but is currently on the road. He will get this dealt with and then, once things get back to normal, you can offer input. But, until then, the issue is being addressed, thank you for your feedback.

//CLOSED//