Flight Path

buffcoat

Hi,

Does anyone have a flightpath map of CM?

Any observations regarding the level of noise pollution in different areas would be appreciated.

I can work out the obvious due South and North of the airport but I was wondering to what degree other areas are affected.

Thanks

Just to say, in case you're not already aware, it's not the 50-50 south-north split you might assume.

Most landings & take-offs (winds permitting) seem to be to the south, ie in the direction of Bangkok, where the vast majority of flights are going to. Take-offs to the north appear to turn over the Super-Highway.

Hi,

Any observations regarding the level of noise pollution in different areas would be appreciated.

I can work out the obvious due South and North of the airport but I was wondering to what degree other areas are affected.

Thanks

Ah yes the noise pollution that I must suffer with, birds chirping, a frog crocking in the pond, the rice blowing in the wind The neighbors chicken and geese. The TV, radio, occasional dog barking, vehicle passing on the soi. At night maybe in the way off distance a karaoke bar can be heard and about twice a year a free air show about 1000 feet above my house by the Royal Thai Air Force for about 15 minuets each time; what a show. I hate the noise pollution where I live. :)

Take off to the north are mainly the little planes to Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Song and Pai

The except for other flights is when a flight is coming in and one is going out then the outbound goes to the North, mainly at about 11am and 6pm

I've often thought the time taken to taxi all the way to the south of the runway and then the extra flying time to turn from a northerly take off to a southerly flight path it would be better to sit at the gate for 5 minutes and push off late. But maybe I'm missing something.

Hi,

Thanks

Ah yes the noise pollution that I must suffer with, birds chirping, a frog crocking in the pond, the rice blowing in the wind The neighbors chicken and geese. The TV, radio, occasional dog barking, vehicle passing on the soi. At night maybe in the way off distance a karaoke bar can be heard and about twice a year a free air show about 1000 feet above my house by the Royal Thai Air Force for about 15 minuets each time; what a show. I hate the noise pollution where I live. :)

Have to agree with this. Just moved across CM and now live a little way from Airport Plazza. Its more the bloody frogs/crickets that keep me awake - only time ever hear planes is in the early evening when watching TV in the lounge with the outside door (right next to me) open. Its not plane noise pollution you want to worry about!

Edited by wolf5370