Pavement Quality

leicester

Most of you will have noticed the clear efforts made by Abhisit to improve the pavements on Bangkok's busiest walk ways. We have all hit our toe on a nuisance obstacle that has no reason to be there at some point or another. We must appreciate the new government forking out for materials and manpower.

Once an area has been designated for this paving regeneration, piles of paving slabs are left in the middle of the street and relaid in a state that merits work done by a child. There are gaps in the slabs which equate to dangerous pot holes and excess slabs are left hindering the path.

Can anybody explain why soft sand is used instead of cement as common sense would suggest these slabs will sink and therefore become uneven similar to its present condition?

I have recently had fusion surgery for degenerative disc disease at L5-S1 in my lumbar and walking is supposedly an excellent way to help fuse the spine in recovery. The pavements here have never been very good and this poor workmanship only retains such inadequacies. Block paving is hardly difficult. Only laziness and lack of knowledge and training can account for this situation. Training to lay paving must take at least 30 minutes!

Most of you will have noticed the clear efforts made by Abhisit to improve the pavements on Bangkok's busiest walk ways. We have all hit our toe on a nuisance obstacle that has no reason to be there at some point or another. We must appreciate the new government forking out for materials and manpower.

Once an area has been designated for this paving regeneration, piles of paving slabs are left in the middle of the street and relaid in a state that merits work done by a child. There are gaps in the slabs which equate to dangerous pot holes and excess slabs are left hindering the path.

Can anybody explain why soft sand is used instead of cement as common sense would suggest these slabs will sink and therefore become uneven similar to its present condition?

I have recently had fusion surgery for degenerative disc disease at L5-S1 in my lumbar and walking is supposedly an excellent way to help fuse the spine in recovery. The pavements here have never been very good and this poor workmanship only retains such inadequacies. Block paving is hardly difficult. Only laziness and lack of knowledge and training can account for this situation. Training to lay paving must take at least 30 minutes!

But this is Thailand. No skills required for any job. The sooner the sand washes away, the sooner more money is allocated to fix it. thereby ensuring the local bigwigs get an endless supply of kickbacks/skimming the money allocated etc. Sorry about your condition, but if you think any thai here gives a shit, you are sadly mistaken.

But this is Thailand. No skills required for any job. The sooner the sand washes away, the sooner more money is allocated to fix it. thereby ensuring the local bigwigs get an endless supply of kickbacks/skimming the money allocated etc. Sorry about your condition, but if you think any thai here gives a shit, you are sadly mistaken.

Not entirely true. The tuk tuk drivers have every sympathy with this type of problem.

We have all hit our toe on a nuisance obstacle that has no reason to be there at some point or another.

I haven't. I know I live in a Third World country and exactly what that means, so I always wear hiking boots or sometimes waterproof motorcycle boots. And I've blessed them many times.

Most stupid farang try to wear sandals & flip flops. Such innocence.