Bts Extension

marquess

Does anyone know that is happening to the proposed or supposed BTS extention near Taksin Bridge? I have been here now for five years and have been hearing that it is nearly finished, but have heard nothing new of late.

Another Pipe Dream, then? With all the talk about building this and building that, to improve the traffic problems in the capital; one would have thought that this would have been given priority as it had been started a few years before?

Edited by marquess

I have been waiting for it for years. It will run very near me. De Maw Ta Phra will be convenient for me. I heard that work was put on virtual hold some years ago due to the finacial crisis. Guess it never really got going again. I'm leaving Thailand in a couple of months. Hope it will be done before I get back (if ever).

The transport minister (Suriya) was going to take over the BTS and so didn't allow the extention to keep the price down. Samak, the previous Bkk governor complained a lot but there was nothing he could do.

To make a long story short, the BTS is operated by cronies of the previous ruling party. The currently ruling party is holding up approval for any extensions in an effort to pressure the current BTS concession holder to sell to cronies of the currently regime! :o

If the TRT loses the next election, you can expect the BTS to be expanded and the Subway extensions to be held up! :D