Five ! Swedish Men Swindled By Female Fraudster

churchill

A woman from Thailand lured five Swedish men into paying for plane tickets to Sweden. The men all realised they had been tricked at the arrivals gate at Arlanda Airport when the woman never showed up.

Unbeknown to each other, all five men had online contact with the woman who they had met on the internet, according to new agency TT.

Following a number of email exchanges she had agreed to meet them in person in Sweden.

Each of the men had sent 13,000 kronor to pay for her ticket.

As the men gathered expectantly at the arrivals gate at Arlanda airport on Friday, it soon became apparent they were the victims of a fraudulent scheme.

After the plane landed, the woman never showed up and the men realised en masse they had been tricked into paying for tickets that were never bought.

Two of the men have now filed a police report against the woman.

http://www.thelocal.se/22990/20091031/

I'm really wondering how many such "tickets" are being paid for. I know two guys who claim that they sent money to their Thai ex-girlfriends to buy a ticket to visit them and the girl never showed up.... How many actually do it and after they realise their mistake they are ashamed and will never talk about it to anyone?

I'm really wondering how many such "tickets" are being paid for. I know two guys who claim that they sent money to their Thai ex-girlfriends to buy a ticket to visit them and the girl never showed up.... How many actually do it and after they realise their mistake they are ashamed and will never talk about it to anyone?

In certain countries it's a no no to say I have been fooled. There people just digest quietly what ever happened.

The scam artist certainly had a rich sense of humor. It is a very common scam but no so common to have a crowd of poor suckers waiting for you at the same time!

I wonder how many swedish blokes are glad they didn't meet her at the airport. :)

Hilarious scam. :D

Maybe she flew over anyway and watched the fun from afar. :D

Eeeeeeeeeek reminds me of "Emily" wasn't she a "lady" too? oooooerrrrrrrrrr "she's Gorgeous"

Is that a photo of the winner of the Miss Bratislava beauty pageant? :)

What would be interesting is a run down of the swedish boys demographics including age, education, occupations and IQ.

The scam artist certainly had a rich sense of humor. It is a very common scam but no so common to have a crowd of poor suckers waiting for you at the same time!

Yeah, that's the part that made me laugh :)

Is the news agency a reputable one?

I find it hard to believe that there could be five people sending money to a woman ( OK I can just about believe this ) to meet them at an airport ( OK possibly believable ) but is there only one International airport in Sweden?

On the same day, same flight, same airline, same country??

Singly and perhaps in part, it could happen, but for all the events to work in harmony, unlikely I would suggest.

However, if true give the woman a job in Gov't, anybody this clever would be an asset to have :)

but is there only one International airport in Sweden?

That flies directly to Thailand? How many would you expect them to have? Lots of countries don't even have one airport that links directly to Thailand.

but is there only one International airport in Sweden?

That flies directly to Thailand? How many would you expect them to have? Lots of countries don't even have one airport that links directly to Thailand.

Who mentioned a direct flight?

And it was only part of the criteria I mentioned.

Is the news agency a reputable one?

I find it hard to believe that there could be five people sending money to a woman ( OK I can just about believe this ) to meet them at an airport ( OK possibly believable ) but is there only one International airport in Sweden?

On the same day, same flight, same airline, same country??

Singly and perhaps in part, it could happen, but for all the events to work in harmony, unlikely I would suggest.

However, if true give the woman a job in Gov't, anybody this clever would be an asset to have :D

Unlikely???....surely she would send the same E-mail replies to all, just cut and pasted - name change..... :)

In certain countries it's a no no to say I have been fooled. There people just digest quietly what ever happened.

I hope you're not making an admission in the third person, Tom. :)

So are you suggesting other nationalities may be involved? Ballpoint may need to revise to a multi-national scorecard.

:D

Who mentioned a direct flight?

And it was only part of the criteria I mentioned.

It reasons to think that most flights from Thailand to Sweden are going to end up in Stockholm. Not that difficult for the scammer to arrange this...simply email all 5 of the guys with the flight number she will supposedly be on.

In these days of etickets it's so much easier to buy the ticket on the internet and emai it to her.

Or hasn't Internet reached Sweden yet?

Those guys aren't up to much any which way you look :D . It makes far more sense to buy yourself a ticket to Thailand - even if nobody meets you when you get there :):D  

A woman from Thailand lured five Swedish men into paying for plane tickets to Sweden.

Each of the men had sent 13,000 kronor to pay for her ticket.

Excellent business plan :)

Total Receipts: 298,350 Baht

minus

Total Expenditures: 60 Baht (three hours of internet cafe usage at 20 Baht/hour)

equals

Net Profit: 298,290 Baht