Coolest Place In Thailand ?

udon

Getting hot and cramped in the shed Udon? :D

No Penz, it's 19C here today. Brrrr! :D

Maybe I should have qualified my question by asking coolest place to live on the mainland

And if we "give up" the coolest place, next year it'll over-run with dread-locked, smelly backpackers who read about it in "Lonely Planet" or some other hippie guidebook... :o

If anyone thinks Loei isn't cold in the winter you have not been here November through February. I do think Loei hold the dubious distinction of being the coldest place in Thailand. Unfortunately it is also very HOT in the summer.

Seems to be that the coldest places in winter are also the hottest in summer.

As a simple meteorological rule one can assume places near the see to be the most moderate...

not too hot in the summer and not to cold in the winter.

Guess it holds true for Pattaya, can get hot but not the searing heat one gets in Kanchanaburi, and gets chilly in winter but not as cold as in Chiang Mai in the mountains...

I agree with Gary.

I read about Loei being very cool and thought about living there but after a bit of research decided against it because it was too hot in the summer.

I think what Udon wants is the coolest place during the hot saeson not the coldest place in winter.

I agree with Gary.

I read about Loei being very cool and thought about living there  but after a bit of research decided against it because it was too hot in the summer.

I think what Udon wants is the coolest place  during the hot saeson not the coldest place in winter.

Correct, Thety,

somewhere where you get a cooling breeze sometime during the day, in this humid weather, that's why I mentioned Cha Am etc.

Patty is out, too close to temptation... & sins :o