Kawasaki Small Bike Thailand

just wondering have they thrown in the towel completely ? i haven't seen a kawasaki scooter for years, i know they would never have same sales as Honda or Yamaha but surely a small slice of the thai martet would be profitable ..

Strange as the seem to hitting the bigger bike market and as far as i can see, expats would be the biggest custom and there is only a limited supply of them.... and no doubt honda will probably elbow its way in sooner or later.

just wondering have they thrown in the towel completely ? i haven't seen a kawasaki scooter for years, i know they would never have same sales as Honda or Yamaha but surely a small slice of the thai martet would be profitable ..

Strange as the seem to hitting the bigger bike market and as far as i can see, expats would be the biggest custom and there is only a limited supply of them.... and no doubt honda will probably elbow its way in sooner or later.

I think they still sell them, the Phuket Kawasaki dealer always had a few of them in stock - not sure of the name but they looked like the equivalent of the Yamaha Spark.

I don't think they sell many though, and they don't have an auto in LOS as far as I am aware.

I think they still sell them, the Phuket Kawasaki dealer always had a few of them in stock - not sure of the name but they looked like the equivalent of the Yamaha Spark.

I don't think they sell many though, and they don't have an auto in LOS as far as I am aware.

Kawasaki has the worst named small bikes in Thailand. The "Hit" and the "Smash". lol

Looks like their website is only featuring the Hit at the moment. http://www.kawasaki.co.th/ka/specifications_kazehit.html

Edited by Scubabuddha

Kawasaki scooter? It's called a KSR! :)

Seriously though, don't they still sell the Kaze? They are still advertised on their website:

zx130_07.jpg

kaze_01.jpgblu.jpgred.jpggreen.jpgorg.jpg

looks just like a "wave" !!

yeah, i know Thais are set in there ways when it comes to their scooter brands so would probably take millions of baht in advertising to change that..

Forgot about the KSR though, there are a cool little bike but just too much on the "little" side

its a real shame that they didn't model the 250 ninja on the old 400s with a 4 cylinders, USD forks. twin brakes.. now that would be good !!!

its a real shame that they didn't model the 250 ninja on the old 400s with a 4 cylinders, USD forks. twin brakes.. now that would be good !!!

Thank goodness they pork up the Ninjette like that, it'd be just as fat and slow as all those CB400s... :D

no way... those old 250cc 4 cylinders redlined at 18 k rpm or something....just think of the noise :)

William............. ahhh the noise. I do miss my Cbr250r..., I don't miss all the accidents it induced though... it was the noise...honest.

With a decent pipe on it and wound out to nearly 17,000rpm at 170ish she did like to SCREAM along. Ahhhhhh the memory's.

There is one on the classifieds if any one wants one, 60,000 with Green book.

Allan

William............. ahhh the noise. I do miss my Cbr250r..., I don't miss all the accidents it induced though... it was the noise...honest.

With a decent pipe on it and wound out to nearly 17,000rpm at 170ish she did like to SCREAM along. Ahhhhhh the memory's.

There is one on the classifieds if any one wants one, 60,000 with Green book.

Allan

Seen a couple of them actually. All look nice. Id like to drive one a bit to get to the 19,000 rpm, but wouldnt want one for long.

Maybe if I had enough money for a couple I'd get an extra bike being a cbr250...

I thought we were taliking about scooters ?, we all know kawasaki has no competition in thailand for bigger bikes, ( yet ) especially for the klx/d tracker, but i too wonder why there are no ,or little scooter type kawasakis,. as far as im concerned theres not a bad bike made by the big 4, some better than others maybe,.