Prosecution Order On Saxena Delayed Due To Technicalities

webfact

only wonder why this guy is worth two threads in three days in THAIVISA Forum?

What the he11 has he done wrong? There are hundreds of the same characters in western banks and high positions....who is sending them to jail?

RIP

That is absolutely correct. I am no fan of Saxena and he's clearly a criminal scamster...but the entire wall street collapse happened due to several bigger Saxenas...risk analysis of derivatives and officially approving a risky fund as not at all risky and yet worthy of high returns happens due to greed, lying and manipulation - ideally all these actions should be illegal when public funds are the ones being used. Here we are making a scapegoat out of Saxena while the US goverment is baling out similar Saxenas and actually now talking of giving them bonuses....:-) we do live in a bizarre world...

The legal team has only had 13 years to get it sorted so to rewrite the patchwork now is a bit hard to swallow? It was good enough to obtain an extradition in North America but the legal team here has to 'adjust'. Be as shame to get it thrown out on a technicality - or maybe that's what the purchasing power is all about. Stands to reason - jails here don't have wheel chair access either so house arrest in luxury is well on the cards if it does proceed. He certainly made a lot of locals wealthy by his actions so time he called up a few favours! Interesting to say the least.

My thoughts entirely. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this end in an acquittal like the American boiler room operator who was eventually acquitted of masterminding the murder of his former busness partner, even though the Thai prosecutors managed to present strong enough evidence for a US court to extradite one of their own citizens on a capital charge to a third world country, something I doubt the US does lightly. Saxena has plenty of cash to pay people of off and hire decent lawyers. His Thai wife's family have connections (it was his father-in-law who introduced him to the gang of 16) and the prosecutors have to prove embezzlement by some one who was not an officer of the bank which is far harder than the malfeasance charges they got Kirrkiat on which were very clear cut. Even the latter is still walking free after being sentenced to 100 years in prison. Finally there are a lot of influential people who would like to see Saxena either dead or let off the hook and off abroad again without bringing any one else down. He probably couldn't stay in Thailand, even if he were acquitted.

USA????? WHEN DID HE STAY IN THE US ???? I THOUGHT EVERYONE KNEW ACCORDING TO EXTRADICTION IT WAS FROM CANADA ??? OR?

HELLO>>>>>read the post. He was referring to another case.