Thai To Oz Login Problem

trigz

I am supposed to have internet access to my investment company in Australia but it always fails telling me to ty again later.

On asking the company for assistance the reason for the failure provided to me was:-

"Did a bit of research regarding the access to WWW.MLC.COM from overseas and

came up with the following. You have to be using an English or Australian

version of Windows. You are probably operating under an

international version and hence the difficulties and if you continue to

use the international Version will never be able to log onto the website.

You may want to get his hands on an Australian Version of Windows to

gain access in the future. "

I am just wondering if the above explanation is really true given that I have never struck this problem with my Aus internet banking, credit card use or anything else like this before ?

I am using WINXP Pro (OEM version) (yes its a legal copy) which I guess is the "international version" but set up to switch Thai/Eng as required. There is no Thai word printed on the cover.

Maybe one of the IT gurus can confirm whether the explanatiom is true or false?

...thanks v much.

I'll assume "WWW.MLC.COM" was a typo as that's a translation site, not an investment company. Just visited www.mlc.com.au, no problems from Thailand using WindowsXP OEM on a Thai purchased Compaq computer. Didn't even have cookies enabled and still connected in a couple of seconds, didn't use a proxy either. Maybe you need to look at your security settings, too high perhaps?

Sometimes you hear of people having problems trying to use a Thai isued credit card on the internet but haven't heard of problems using a genuine version of Windows.

Thanks for the comment Highwayman, the "WWW.MLC.COM" was a straight cut and paste from the email I received but you are correct www.mlc.com.au is the right web site, and I have no problem accessing the website, its the login thats the problem.

If you're using Internet Explorer try IE Options//Security and add the site to your trusted site list. Check also that you don't have any pop-up blocker settings affecting things and that you have cookies enabled..

If that doesn't help then maybe take a look at the settings in the Advanced tab next.

If you have no luck there then why not just email the webmaster at MLC with details of your browser settings and see what they have to say. As you're a customer you shouldn't have a problem getting a reply.

Alternatively you could always pm me your log-in details, l'll be happy to test it for you personally. :o

How are you trying to connest VPN? HTTP? FTP?

I would of expected your company to of secured their servers through a firewall so maybe the network guys there need to ad your IP address to the ACL???