2 Romanians Arrested For Forging Atm Cards, Credit Cards

webfact

2 Romanians arrested for forging ATM cards, credit cards

Two Romanians have been arrested for allegedly using a skimmer equipment to steal identity of credit card and ATM card holders for making forged ones for drawing cash and buying goods in Pattaya.

Immigration Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Chatchawal Suksomchit told a press conference that Lazar Traian Daniel, 40 and Constanting George Marin, 34, were arrested at the DC Hill Hotel in Pattaya.

Police found a skimmer machine and two forged ATM cards with them, Chatchawal said.

They were arrested following complaints by Kasikorn Bank and Bangkok Bank that the two had used forged ATM cards and credit cards to draw cash and buy goods in Pattaya early September.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/05

-->> Get the Nation/Thaivisa news faster via SMS:

-->> 14 days free trial, dial *424010011 on your mobile

2 Romanians arrested for forging ATM cards, credit cards

Two Romanians have been arrested for allegedly using a skimmer equipment to steal identity of credit card and ATM card holders for making forged ones for drawing cash and buying goods in Pattaya.

Immigration Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Chatchawal Suksomchit told a press conference that Lazar Traian Daniel, 40 and Constanting George Marin, 34, were arrested at the DC Hill Hotel in Pattaya.

Police found a skimmer machine and two forged ATM cards with them, Chatchawal said.

They were arrested following complaints by Kasikorn Bank and Bangkok Bank that the two had used forged ATM cards and credit cards to draw cash and buy goods in Pattaya early September.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/05

-->> Get the Nation/Thaivisa news faster via SMS:

-->> 14 days free trial, dial *424010011 on your mobile

Throw them under the prison. Good riddance to bad rubbish! Good work catching these types. Police and banks need to work together like this all the time.

For some reason it's almost always the Romanians that do this kind of fraud in the UK. They attach video cameras to record pin numbers and 'skimmer' devices to ATM's all over the UK and can often be found lurking around outside banks.

There was a TV documentary about this kind of fraud a couple of years back which showed that some of the banks have lockable 'lobby' style rooms for out of hours usage which they can remotely lock until the police arrive. They can communicate with the people in the lobby electronically and every time they caught someone doing this it was a Romanian national who could speak no English, well that's what they all say, like it's going to help them in any way by not speaking English.

Low scums from eastern Europe coming to Thailand. Just the beginning. :D
yes,just the beginning,these kind of guys spinning around Europe... :) Everybody has his own business.Nigerians do drugs,Eastern Europeans do skimming.Who else?

yes,just the beginning,these kind of guys spinning around Europe... :) Everybody has his own business.Nigerians do drugs,Eastern Europeans do skimming.Who else?

Oh jeez, here we go again. Yes some are criminals , but the sum total of losses doesn't come close to that perpetrated by those that do not come from eastern europe or have swarthy features. Let's start with the English first, ok? There was that father and son from the UK that got caught cheating the ATMs in Phuket last year. Does Nick Leeson count? He did bring down the Barings Bank from the comfort of Singapore. Then there's the small problem of questionable bar owners in Thailand that come from the UK and Australia. We can move over to the French and use the Soc. Gen. losses last year, but hey what's a few hundred million euros, if the fellow isn't a visible minority. We could jet over to Canada, the epicenter of boiler room call centers and pyramid schemes all conducted by folks from the acceptable ethnic origins, and then over to Cambodia to watch the western white elderly males engaging in special youth mentoring activities. And on and on it goes.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks.................

I pay my taxes. I wonder how many of the people that post comments on petty criminals pay theirs or observe this country's visa laws for residency and work?

Perhaps, before you arrive, you will be able to learn one of the languages in common use round here.....

Hey Rick, how many languages you speak besides English? I speak three other languages. But that doesn't matter at all, don't expect all people to speak or write English Rick.

I pay my taxes. I wonder how many of the people that post comments on petty criminals pay theirs or observe this country's visa laws for residency and work?

I don't pay taxes here as I don't work. And in twenty years I've never had a single day overstay and all my visas are guenine and paid for.

I don't know where you come from, but in Switzerland (my homecountry) we have a real problem with "criminal tourists" coming from eastern european countries, amongst them romanians, georgians and ex-yougoslavians.

If you can read french or german just look at the swiss newspapers, your rosy glasses will suddenly darken. :D

I don't pay taxes here as I don't work. And in twenty years I've never had a single day overstay and all my visas are guenine and paid for.

I don't know where you come from, but in Switzerland (my homecountry) we have a real problem with "criminal tourists" coming from eastern european countries, amongst them romanians, georgians and ex-yougoslavians.

If you can read french or german just look at the swiss newspapers, your rosy glasses will suddenly darken. :)

And many countries have a problem with Swiss criminals that aid and abet money laundering and tax evasion. The swiss criminals are polite, and well dressed. However, that did not stop the Americans leading a common front of countries, which included Canada, France and Italy, in taking action and winning. The point being that criminals come in all shapes and sizes. I would venture that the hundreds of millions of dollars involved in the Swiss financial activity was and still is significantly greater than what some common street scum have pilfered. I certainly would not label the Swiss population as evil criminals because of the conduct of many Swiss banking groups.

I have found that a great many foreigners in Thailand take advantage of their residency to avoid paying taxes to their homeland revenue services. It's a personal choice, but such people should not point fingers at others because they are no different. I draw your attention to some of the posts in TV where a great many westerners have delightfully recounted their avoidance of taxes or in getting pensions when they shouldn't. Such people, take money away from those that need it most and are no better than the foreign criminals that are being lambasted in this thread.

Yeah...more of those "high quality" tourists we've been told to welcome to our shores of late.

They aren't tourists - they are "businessmen". :D:D

People from poor countries (especially the low-educated) often commit crimes in "rich" countries because (they think) they have no other prospects. It also applies to some of my countrymen :) event though Poland is not a poor country - that it was 20 years ago - any more. And I can understand those who disdain them (but don't generalize).