Events Around Pattaya

kevkev1888

There are many events around and about Pattaya lets spread the word here.

Two to start

Bangsan speed festival Nov 25th-29th http://www.bangsaengrandprix.org/index_eng.html

FREE and a great day out for motor heads.

Pattaya International Ballon Fiesta Dec 10th-13th http://www.pibf.info/

FREE. Kites, hot air balloons, fireworks ect be there for dusk to see the night glow.

Anyone know more?

Jetski racing?

Buffalo races?

Longboats?

Whats going on?

When and where are the buffalo races and long tail boat races?

I seem to find out about everything (day time oriented anyway) by reading a review of a just finished event.

I don't watch TV, don't even have cable, the only local paper I could stand was the Walking Street Journal, so hard to find stuff out.

So thanks for all the hints.

kdf

• 3 weeks later...

Cool, would like to know more about the balloon fiesta - if going on the weekend, let's say 12th or 13th, what time would be best to go there? Like the previous post said, evening? Or earlier... Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Cool, would like to know more about the balloon fiesta - if going on the weekend, let's say 12th or 13th, what time would be best to go there? Like the previous post said, evening? Or earlier... Thanks in advance for any tips :)

There is a timetable of events in the link in my origional post.

Not much going on before 3/4pm. The main Balloon launch seems to be 4pm I would certianly aim to be there for that.

Looks like Saturday would be the best, less happening on Sunday.

Just noticed there is a launch at 6am too.

Edited by kevkev1888

• 2 weeks later...

There is a timetable of events in the link in my origional post.

Not much going on before 3/4pm. The main Balloon launch seems to be 4pm I would certianly aim to be there for that.

Looks like Saturday would be the best, less happening on Sunday.

Just noticed there is a launch at 6am too.

Can anyone tell me where the balloons will be, it seems the web site is down or the account has been suspended.

There is kite flying and the likes during the day, the balloon flying is early AM, they are off about 6 AM.

To find......

Go all the way out to Siam Country Club, keep going and follow the signs to the "Learning Resort" cannot miss it,or, on the 36 Highway from Rayong to Pattaya, exactly at the end of the Bira Circuit, hard left, follow the signs for the "Learning Resort" or the "Plantation Pattaya" again - cannot miss it!!

There is kite flying and the likes during the day, the balloon flying is early AM, they are off about 6 AM.

To find......

Go all the way out to Siam Country Club, keep going and follow the signs to the "Learning Resort" cannot miss it,or, on the 36 Highway from Rayong to Pattaya, exactly at the end of the Bira Circuit, hard left, follow the signs for the "Learning Resort" or the "Plantation Pattaya" again - cannot miss it!!

Balloons fly 6AM and 4PM

Did i pass a sign on Sukhumvit today that said "Playboy Playmate Fashion Show" Royal Garden Plaza 27th & 28th......? dont know if it was Nov or Dec as i was past the sign??

Uhmmm...... nice ! Is someone reactive on this question? I plan to be there for year-end season.

Did i pass a sign on Sukhumvit today that said "Playboy Playmate Fashion Show" Royal Garden Plaza 27th & 28th......? dont know if it was Nov or Dec as i was past the sign??

Uhmmm...... nice ! Is someone reactive on this question? I plan to be there for year-end season.

Too late tukmoon, it was indeed NOVEMBER!

5th Pattaya International Beach Football Tournament

It starts on Monday 14th December and runs through to Sunday 20th December. The venue is on Jomtien Beach (around Soi 8 ish)

There are an additional 2 teams competing this year, bringing the number of teams back up to 10 so it should be even better than last year.

Group A; Thailand, England, Norway, Bangladesh and Holland

Group B; Germany, France, Finland, Ireland and Denmark

The opening game on Monday 14th December will be between England and Holland. The winner and runner up from each group will play in the semi finals. Each team will bring along a cheerleader group (although I'm not sure about Bangladesh) and a trophy will be awarded to the best cheerleader group. If I remember correctly last year the Ireland & German teams brought some half decent off-duty chrome pole molesters along.

There will be trophies to all participating teams and medals will be presented to the players and officials of the first 3 teams. Each team will be able to register a maximum of 15 players (with 5 on the pitch at any time) and a number of 5 officials (manager, coach, assistant coach etc). Each game will be played in 3 periods of 10 minutes and the games will start every day at 16.00pm

Doesn't seem like a year has gone past since I posted here regarding the previous years tournament! England won it last year and they had a strong side, with many of their players playing for Pattaya City FC. Ireland also had a good side last year and will be looking to get into the finals. Keep your eye on Bangladesh as they are the tournament's dark horses: they are a difficult side to get past, not least because each time they try and sell you a suit, but they are a handy team.

From previous years it's proved to be a good spectacle and it's FREE. So if you are at a loose end, get yerself down and support your team! Hope you enjoy it.