Ipstar Users Good Times Abound

mouse

It seems that all the ipStar users were switched to use the new IP numbers. I think that I am one of the few if not the last using the old IP and lo and behold I am getting download speeds of up to 1MB per second. I always said why fix what is not broken. This speed might increase further when the new Sattelite is launched and I remain one of a few using the present eye in the sky.

Your getting 1 MB per second ??? find that VERY hard to believe.. 600 MB ISO's in 10 mins ??

You sure your not confusing MB and Mb ?? IIRC the actual fastest the new IPStar boxed could go were 8Mb and that was without error checking or any other overheads..

i guess with many ppl probably switchin from IPSTAR to ADSL its more bandwidth s available to the users still on IPSTAR...

neways...how much does IPSTAR cost...ne idea...i checked the CS loxinfo site and it was way too high...any other providers offerin this?

how much does IPSTAR cost...ne idea...i checked the CS loxinfo site and it was way too high...any other providers offerin this?

Our reason for using ipStar is simple. We live in the boonies and there are no phonelines here, other than those pesky GSM phonebooths. For a couple of years we used a cell phone to get email but then when using the net more extensively we had to switch to ipStar. Yes, it costs 5,000 Baht a month, but, my wife subsidizes it with a WiFi network that a number of villagers use and pay her for. She usually end up paying about 2,500 baht, a month for 512/128 connection.