Re: Tagging, What Is It And How To Do It

oevna

I seem to be unable to tag threads. There was a time when I was able to. There used to be a green "plus" sign (+) at the top of the thread, and I could click on it and it would allow me to enter a tag. Now I don't see it. Have I been banned from tagging? Just curious.

Regards.

yes, you can be banned from tagging: frivolous tagging, tagging obscenities, using tags to make political or personal commentary, tags that can bring lese majeste charges can all earn a ban from tagging.

Can you see the Tag sign now oevna?

I believe it was disabled at one point to posters who had less than 500 posts, not sure if this is still the case, however you are now over 500.

I still can not see it. I was aware of the 500 post limit, and when I reached that number of posts, I checked to see if the tag icon would appear. It hasn't, so I assumed that I must have been banned from tagging. I'm really not that concerned about it, but if I have done something against forum rules, I would like to know about it so that I can avoid such missteps in the future.

yes, you can be banned from tagging: frivolous tagging, tagging obscenities, using tags to make political or personal commentary, tags that can bring lese majeste charges can all earn a ban from tagging.

I can safely rule out obscenities, political statements, and lèse majesté. If it appears that I tagged something to make a personal statement, it certainly wasn't intentional.

I first noticed that my tagging privileges were removed during the great thread-tagging contest of last year, so if I was tagging frivolously, it's not as if it wasn't encouraged by the "management!" :)

Regards,

Can you see the Tag sign now oevna?

I believe it was disabled at one point to posters who had less than 500 posts, not sure if this is still the case, however you are now over 500.

Hi 'Mossfinn', :)

Yes it was me that tagged "oevna" :D just to see if it still worked btw and it does, but then that is for me, so the OP's question is still open. :D

Yours as always,

Kan Win :D

hmm, sounds like there's a secret level 2 on this board that you get access to after 500 posts, i wonder if it allows nudity :)