Monthly Water Costs - Quaility Of Supply

Cuban

Just a quickie thread to air some of my recent experiences and in part triggered by other water threads here I have been reading. ( Water costs discussed in this thread earlier in the year, which I have just been reading.)

We live in a small village of which most houses take a mains water supply from the local Wat, for a household of four adults, three dogs and a selection of children at times we pay about 50 Baht a month for water. Not high enough for me to worry about controlling the cost or even looking at water saving measures - even though we do recycle water through the garden and reduce wastage etc.

A relative in a nearby house takes a water supply that comes from the nearest town, in local terms referred to as 'Government Water' the difference is I believe that it is Chlorinated Water. For that house of four adults and three children their monthly bill is in the region of 950 Baht per month.

I have suggested that they have a leak somewhere but there seems little motivation to investigate the problem, they just see that price as the cost for water.

I would welcome others comments, water bill comparisons and experiences. I have no great desire to help them save wasted money but would do so to avoid wasted water - they would be paying for any follow-up repairs in any case.

If there is a meter at the property line it should be easy to just make sure no one is using water then just look at the meter dial and see if it is moving.

Oh yes I agree - but this is a case of dealing with "Thai Logic" and in part if I could be bothered to offer help.

For six months in our five bedroom, six bathroom house with a pool and medium garden we paid zero for "Provincial Water Authority" www.pwa.co.th water since we used LESS than 30,000 liters each month. However our current bill period we went OVER 30,000 liters so you pay the full amount from the FIRST liter.

632.30 baht for the 49,000 liters of water

50.00 baht for the "service charge"

47.76 baht tax

730.06 baht one month for a house with a green garden, pool, six bathrooms and four to seven people on any given night. We have seen a neighbor have a bill where the meter reader wrote the wrong number down and a bakery shop with a water pipe leak and 2000 baht monthly bill. Since for previous six months we did not do much watering of the garden so we were below the 30,000 liter threshold and did not have a figure to pay.

I respect to the water supplied by the Estate,,most likely they have their own well and charge whatever they want and 5 baht is reasonable.

Here in Banchang we get PWA water most days of the week but pressure is low most of the time except at 2 in the AM. I get an invoice that is free also as we keep under the 30 units. Most months are in the 24 to 28 unit range to keep the trees and grass alive. Only two adults here so that water use is minimal.

I live in Pattaya, Soi Khao Noi in a secure village (hahaha what an oxymoron) only me and the missus and a small dog, our average is 400B per month, last months was 1400B due to a water leak :):D Thank <deleted> the landlord got the leak sorted and also paid the extra 1000B, top landlord !!!