Does Bkk Immigration Issue A Certificate Of Residence These Days ?

Does anybody have RECENT information/updates if the Thai immigration in BANGKOK (am talking about BANGKOK only) issues certificates of residency these days ?

I know in the past they were rather reluctant to do so and told applicants to go to their home countries' embassy (which I don't want as I had some issues and arguments with them 2 years ago when they messed up things with my new passport).

If YES, what's the cost and which documents will I need to produce ?

I can show them an electricity bill under my name and a post-paid Phone bill of DTAC, but at the moment NO lease contract for my Condo as it is actually expired but my landlord (who lives in Taiwan anyway) and me didn't see the need to make a new one as things go smoothly and we let the contract just continue......

will they accept just the electricity bill plus the phone bill ?

thanks

Edited by THAILIBAN

Before Immigrations moved from Suan Plu to Changwattana they routinely issued residence certificates to foreigners. The certificate is issued for free, but they charge a 100 baht EMS fee and mail out the paper to you in about 10 days.

I'd call out to Changwattana and see where you're supposed to go out there.

As far as documents, your passport, valid visa, departure card, and just about anything with your name and current address on it. I've taken people to get the residence certificate who only had a business card of the apartment complex they were staying in and the officer accepted that as his address without a problem.

The form is aptly called;

"Application Form For Residence Certificate".

In thai it is written like this;

แบบฟอร์มการขอหนังสือรับรองที่พักในประเทศไทย

In karaoke-thai it reads somewhat like this;

baap-form-gan-kaw-nang-su-rap-rong-tee-pak-nai-prathet-thai

I attached a Word Document file to this post with the "generic" form, which should work.

Also the phone numbers listed for Thai Immigrations at Changwattana are;

02-287-3101 thru 02-287-3110.

Hope it helps..

Tod

Application_for_Residence_Certificate.doc

Edited by tod-daniels