Unlocked 3g Usb Dongle

CelineHagard

I'm returning to Thailand in a few weeks and during one of my supply google sessions i came across a Zoom Unlocked 3G 7.2Mbps Tri-Band USB Modem

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173788

For £60 it looks a great option for an internet back up system in Thailand, the place I stay in Phuket has broadband but last time i stayed it was common for it to be down at various random times, a familiar situation to many out there I'm sure. Would this dongle be of any use to me? It does say it is compatable

with most international networks but has anyone got some first hand experience with using a similar setup in Thailand?

many thanks

Cheaper to buy one here. AIS sim card is 49 baht and the internet packages are 100 bt for 30 hours, 500 bt for 250 hours and 1000 bt for unlimited. Only EDGE though in most parts of Thailand which is OK for most things. 3G getting rolled out throughout Thailand now. :)

There actually is hardly any 3G available in Thailand!

Chiang Mai (AIS on 900 Mhz, which will likely not work with the dongle you talk about), and True in Bangkok (on 850 Mhz, which is supported by the zoom).

850 Mhz dongles can be bought here for about 2600 Baht or less the 50 Pounds(from Dtac).

Pretty most of Thailand you'll get Edge speeds, nowhere near 3G speeds (average around 0.12 and 0.18 Mbps)...

• 3 weeks later...
Cheaper to buy one here. AIS sim card is 49 baht and the internet packages are 100 bt for 30 hours, 500 bt for 250 hours and 1000 bt for unlimited. Only EDGE though in most parts of Thailand which is OK for most things. 3G getting rolled out throughout Thailand now. :)

you can get a 3g Huawei (unlocked) much cheaper in UK than Thailand 3,500 bt and works on edge as well have not tryed the setting yet but have a look on ebay for one with a O2iphone sim and internet for £10 a year in the uk but thai sim when get to thailand try this for thai settings http

://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Huawei-E220-...l=apn+settings

Edited by knightlordnz