Royal Thai Consulate - Perth

It is apparent that the Embassies/Consulates in countries close to Thailand are only issuing Single entry Non Imm b visas valid for three months, which is a waste of time.

Perhaps going further afield could be the answer, Can anyone give any info on Thai Embassies in Australia, particularly Perth. Whats their reputation like ?

Going there for the very 1st time On November 16th to apply for a one year multiple entries Non-Imm-O based on visiting friends/relatives - got all the necessary paperworks including letter from a friend, copy of her ID, and copy of the title to my condo (just in case). Have already contacted the Visa Officer at the Perth Consulate - they will be open on Tuesday November 17 - if all goes well I should get the visa by 2pm the same day. They only open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am till 2:00pm.

Wish me luck and will report back.

Flying Air Asia: BKK-KL-Perth round trip........... 364 USD (pre seat assignment, meals)

Hotel: Crown Plaza Perth - 3 nights.................. 605 AUD

1 year Non-IMM-O with multiple entries will cost me around 175 USD.

You can find cheaper hotels near the Thai Consulate - but I thought I splurge on the hotel :-).

Good Luck and will be waiting with interest your findings. By the way whats the cost of an air ticket

Send them an email, you will then get the 1yr multiple entries Visa the same day...

whats the cost of an air ticket from 13,000baht.. 26,000baht Thai direct flight. otherwise take your pick...

Jet Airways, Tiger Airways, Royal Brunei, Air Asia. depends on when you want to travel these 4 are in order cheapest 1st..

check the flight time table as some have long stop overs, some very early starts from Perth... Not forgetting Air Asia is + drinks + meals + baggage, so unless your booking mid 2010 they are the most expensive + you have to be at Perth airport at 4.30 in the morning!

When shopping for airline ticket - I was considering Singapore Air as (at the time) they were offerring Specials - but the lay over in Singapore is like 8 hours with arrival in Perth at 12:00 midnite.

Air Asia's lay over in KL is only 3 hours - arrive in Perth at 5:20am - figure I'll go directly to the hotel and check my luggage in then go out for breakfast. The Crown Plaza is only a few blocks away from the Thai Consulate - I'll be the first in line when they open at 9:00am :-).

It is apparent that the Embassies/Consulates in countries close to Thailand are only issuing Single entry Non Imm b visas valid for three months, which is a waste of time.

First time round you will get single entry Non-B visa at consulates within the region. Thereafter you can obtain multiple entry Non-B visa:

- at KL with correct documents as long as you have at least 8 month remaining on your work permit.

- or Penang will issue if company registered share capital is at least 8 million baht.

- or from Kota Bharu based on recent report.

hence.... "Wish me luck"..... I only need this one time be4 I can apply for retirement....

If denied I'll apply for a back to back tourist visa and figure my next step :-)

If you have a Thai friend you could try a multiple non-O at Perth, based on having friends in Thailand. You would need a copy of the ID of the person and a short letter asking for a multiple non-O for you.

Thank you Mario - Got all the necessary docs you mentioned - I will even bring a copy of the the title to my condo here which is in my name just in case.

Also Perth is still issuing multiple 1 year as per mid september of this year - see the following thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Stamp-Ap...77#entry3068677

but of course all can change without a moments notice - I'll report back when I return on the 21st of Nov.

is it also necessary to provide a proof that you will leave the country (by showing an airline ticket) for applying a non-immigrant O visa?

oh and also, my triple entry tourist visa will expire next month, can I book a round trip ticket from Bangkok to Perth? I wont have any problem with the airline if a new visa is denied in Perth?

I am trying to access Perth consulate website but it seems to be down at this time.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by oqpala

Visa Issuance:

- Prior to arrival: Electronic Tourist Visa (e676): if such a

visa is granted, the visa holder does not require a visa in

his/her passport. This system is different from the ETA.

The following passengers can apply for a tourist visa on the

Internet (http://www.immi.gov.au) prior to travel:

- nationals of France;

- Prior to arrival: eVisitor (651): if such a visa is granted,

the visa holder does not require a visa in his/her passport.

This system is different from the ETA.

The following passengers can apply for a tourist visa on the

Internet under Online Services at www.immi.gov.au prior to

travel:

- nationals of France;

You would likely have to have onward ticket out of Thailand within 30 days to return without a visa in your passport. As above you need a visa or ETA as below for Oz.

Australia (AU)

Visa Issuance:

- Prior to arrival: if required, those eligible can be issued

with an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) for tourist or

business travel, instead of a visa. There is no physical

evidence of an ETA in the passport. An ETA is verified

electronically by ETA participating airlines prior to

boarding and by immigration officials on arrival in

Australia.

ETAs are obtained via:

- travel agents in countries where the ETA procedures have

been introduced;

- participating airlines. Most major airlines flying to

Australia are ETA capable; or

- online at: www.eta.immi.gov.au

Warning: ensure the air carrier is ETA capable and can

verify the ETA for boarding ("screen prints" of an ETA are

not acceptable).

is it also necessary to provide a proof that you will leave the country (by showing an airline ticket) for applying a non-immigrant O visa?

oh and also, my triple entry tourist visa will expire next month, can I book a round trip ticket from Bangkok to Perth? I wont have any problem with the airline if a new visa is denied in Perth?

I am trying to access Perth consulate website but it seems to be down at this time.

Thanks a lot!

Send them a email and ask....... Royal Thai Consulate Perth <i[email protected]>

They will also send you all the Forms..

Thanks a lot!

This is interesting as I found a similar problem with the Perth consulate website on Wednesday, but it seemed to clear up after I rebooted the dynamic IP modem, so I thought it may have been an ISP glitch or something.

Nevertheless, I did speak to a consulate worker yesterday by telephone regarding an application for a multiple entry TOURIST visa, (no degree, no job, no spouse) being here in Perth myself until the EoM, and I was surprised when told that a one-way ticket is enough, providing I have the official embassy 60 day visa when I arrive at Suvarnabhumi.

I was under the impression until yesterday that I MUST purchase the return ticket before entry to Thailand, but because I am not yet sure of the exact week next year when I should return, I have already purchased the outgoing ticket today, with the intent of applying for the multiple-entry TOURIST visa in Perth on Tuesday morning, and I am curious as to whether holding onto the cash for the return ticket until next year, after the onpeak holiday season has ended, might seem me in trouble when I go through customs in Thailand, even though I WILL hopefully have the proper official visa from the Thai Consulate in Perth.

Can anyone help me to decide whether to forgo the return ticket, as told by the embassy staff on the phone yesterday, might be a risk not worth taking?

You can travel on a one way ticket if you hold a valid visa. If entering the Kingdom on visa exempt entry, you must hold an air ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival (to meet immigration requirements) or the airline may not allow you to board.

You can travel on a one way ticket if you hold a valid visa. If entering the Kingdom on visa exempt entry, you must hold an air ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival (to meet immigration requirements) or the airline may not allow you to board.

Thank you sir. That is second opinion enough for me to realise that I was given the correct information by telephone yesterday, and that I can rest assured that the better option is to set aside that $326 AUD I would have been outlaying before departure, until I am more certain of the exact date and flight on which I will be leaving the Kingdom.

Also, if the OP has any particular questions that I might ask on their behalf in person next Tuesday or Thursday when I presume I will be hopefully back to collect my visa, then I will be glad to do so if the opportunity presents itself.