Insect, Mold, Fungus?

Mrjlh

Usually I'm pretty good at figuring this stuff out but this ones go me stumped! Any ideas? Not termites which I first thought. More like a dust mold or mite. As you can see, it grows downward as a powdery substance and almost always in the corners. Easily rubbed off. Sprays don't seem to work. Sorry best picture I could get.

post-26396-1257923057_thumb.jpg

post-26396-1257923171_thumb.jpg

Termites.

That's what I thought at first but termite spray doesn't seem to stop them. That why I am suspecting something else is there.

Oh well, the house owner just told me minutes ago she'll get an exterminator to come out and take care to the pesky problem. I'll leave it up to them to fix it. Thanks!

Termites.

That's what I thought at first but termite spray doesn't seem to stop them. That why I am suspecting something else is there.

Oh well, the house owner just told me minutes ago she'll get an exterminator to come out and take care to the pesky problem. I'll leave it up to them to fix it. Thanks!

Agreed it's termite. Bad news is that spray termiticide will only made the insects move to another route. You really have to get the pest terminator to trace the source. It could start from an old tree stump outside your house. If the nest is not exterminated, they will appear somewhere else in your house as long as there is cellulose items.

They are busy little critters aren't they!

Owner says she has them in a couple of houses she owns. Not happy either. But once I leave for a month or so she'll fumigate to protect her investment. So when I get back problem should be solved if only for a short while. Wants to do the other houses as well. At least I have an owner who like to keep her properties up.

Gave her 1,000B to put in some simple stones to dress up the driveway. Went out for the day, came back and had a whole new rock driveway! At least 5 cubic meters worth. This goes to show if your are nice to people and treat them with respect instead of Thai bashing all the time, what will happen.