Thai Plans To Improve Image As Asia Top Carrier

george

THAI plans to improve image as Asia top carrier

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's national airline, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), has launched a campaign to create a new image for the carrier as Asia's top airliner.

The programme also aims to attract more air travellers around the globe.

The company aims to become the region’s best airliner and increase its popularity with international travellers throughout the world, a THAI executive responsible for the new initiative, Chai-anan Samudavanija, told reporters at the ceremony to launch the programme.

The airline plans to stress three qualities – high trust, world-class and with a Thai touch -- to convince passengers that THAI offers a world class service with a Thai look, he said.

Inter Brand, a famous British design consultant, has been hired to help with the project, Mr. Chai-anan said.

Apart from repainting planes and new uniforms for the crew, the company has also bought a new Airbus 340-500 from France which will fly the Bangkok-New York route.

The aircraft offers three classes -- Royal Silk, premium economy and economy.

--TNA 2005-04-08

Looking at the MCOT website this evening. I just KNEW this piece of PR pap would find its way here.

This is such nonsense - its just a corporate Press Release - not news in any way whatsoever.

We could go into raptures about how Thai has to catch up with Cathay Pacific or Sing Air....but that just makes this TNA story seem real, a sincere piece of news reporting.

...and it is not.

The only way George will demur from giving credence to TNA Press releases is for us to acknowledge them as such.

I will never purchase a ticket to fly with Thai Air and this is my reason. While coming to Thailand in 1999 our luggage was pilfered and we lost some clothes, a plain little camera, two simple watches and a bottle of good perfume. The container was locked and when we arrived we noticed the loss and were told that none of the items were covered under the Thai Air anti-theft policy with the exception of the clothing. However the negliable value made us deceide against filing a claim for the few items.

Actually the only thing that mattered to us was the film inside the camera, which contained a photo of then President Clinton shaking the hand of my wife. Everything else, was easily replaced. They can do all the campaigning they want but, as long as they employ thieves to handle my luggage they will not get my business. :o

Edited by mouse

THAI plans to improve image as Asia top carrier 

The airline plans to stress three qualities – high trust, world-class and with a Thai touch....................

The third one made me cringe........................

Even on the first two they have a long way to go to catch up!!

I think the first thing they should do is stop using 777's with a 3-4-3 seating cofiguration. I flew on one like that a few years ago and it was the most uncomfortable flight I ever took as I barely managed to fit in the seat (and I'm not fat just your average size foreigner).

From May 1st, THAI is flying non-stop to NewYork for 34,000 THB. It's around 17 hours each way.

Even in basic economy there is a charger for a laptop and a personal entertainment system, and premium economy (more legspace, and greater seat tilt) is only 45,000 THB.

Deals like that will help improve the reputation. Also FWIW, I fly 50,000 miles or so a year on THAI and their service is usally pretty ###### good. If you speak Thai politely to the hostesses you'll most likely get as good service as any airline anywhere.

THAI is doing its first rebranding in decades and only released the logos in the past few days. The post here is little more than a press release but there is serious effort being made into changing the airline's image/service.

Forums like this always bring out the negative naysayers -- doesn't every airline have a pilferage problem with its baggage handlers? THAI is certainly not a bad airline by any standard and what's wrong with hoping it can compete a bit better with Cathay and Singapore?

I will never purchase a ticket to fly with Thai Air and this is my reason.  While coming to Thailand in 1999 our luggage was pilfered and we lost some clothes, a plain little camera, two simple watches and a bottle of good perfume.  The container was locked and when we arrived we noticed the loss and were told that none of the items were covered under the Thai Air anti-theft policy with the exception of the clothing. However the negliable value made us deceide against filing a claim for the few items. 

Actually the only thing that mattered to us was the film inside the camera, which contained a photo of then President Clinton shaking the hand of my wife.  Everything else, was easily replaced.  They can do all the campaigning they want but, as long as they employ thieves to handle my luggage they will not get my business. :o

Have you ever thought it could have happened at the other end ?

Heathrow, Charles de Gaulle and JFK airports are not thiefs free.

I will never purchase a ticket to fly with Thai Air and this is my reason.  While coming to Thailand in 1999 our luggage was pilfered and we lost some clothes, a plain little camera, two simple watches and a bottle of good perfume.  The container was locked and when we arrived we noticed the loss and were told that none of the items were covered under the Thai Air anti-theft policy with the exception of the clothing. However the negliable value made us deceide against filing a claim for the few items. 

Actually the only thing that mattered to us was the film inside the camera, which contained a photo of then President Clinton shaking the hand of my wife.  Everything else, was easily replaced.  They can do all the campaigning they want but, as long as they employ thieves to handle my luggage they will not get my business. :o

It doesn't matter which airline you fly, it is the same baggage handlers when you get

here.

This also applies at JFK, Charles de Gaulle and Thief-row.

Actually I came from Rome directly to Bangkok and checked in with Thai Air in Rome, therefore as far as I am concerned Thai Air was responsible. In all of my years of travelling I only lost bags one other time and in that case they paid for the clothes and clothes only. Stuff was never found that I know of. Oh well.

I will be travlling to the states early next year and am starting to shop now, but, Thai Air will not get my money. Let's see now five tickets ehhhr $10,000 at first class versus the camera, watches and other things which equalled to less than $300.

Seems their math is bad. Also consider what they lost when my Mother came to visit me in Thailand at first class and I convinced her to fly another airline other than Thai Air and I would pay. Wonder much they will loose before I am done with them?

These people do not think longterm. I do!!!!!! :o

Edited by mouse

It doesn't matter which airline you fly, it is the same baggage handlers when you get

here.

This also applies at JFK, Charles de Gaulle and Thief-row.

Lolz. Common sense doesn't matter if someone is intent on complaining about something.

:o

Edited by Heng