Utilising The Final Re-entry (total 15 Months) On 12 Month Multi Non Im "b"

Have I got this correct? I plan to do a final border run before end of December on my 12 month multi non-im B visa which must be utilized before 28th Dec. During the final 90 days re entry (total 15 months) I want to convert to a retirement extension. Is this in order?

I'm fairly well versed on the requirements for the retirement extension. Right now just one small question on that. Do you apply for original extension on form TM7, or a different one? Can these forms be downloaded to save time in the office?

Many thanks for any info.

You have got it right. Just leave and reenter a day before the visa expires and you will get a new 90 days. In the final 30 days of your new entry you can apply for an extension of stay using form tm7. (Do it early, they will extend from the date your current permission to stay end, so you won't lose any days).

You can print it, but make sure you print it double sided. Printed on two separate pages will not be accepted.

Jezz, I will be doing exactly the same as you, in Jan 2010. I have put a similar comment under a retirement question from Denboy - sorry I can't see how to link to it - I'll read the help screens when I get a moment.

I was told there by Lite Beer that the process (from walking in to getting the new stamp) is about 30 days assuming no problems; money in place for the correct period etc etc.

But thaiphoon and Mario2008- you are both saying here to apply 30 days before the last extension expires - what if there is any kind of delay, so that the last extension runs out before the process is complete (and you get the new stamp)? Surely they don't throw you out when you have an extension request 'in progress?'.

I am the last great worrier.

For retirement apply within the last 30 days of stay. The decision is instant.

For Marriage the same applies but you only get a 30 day under consideration stamp. You have to return in 30 days.

You were asking about Retirement and Marriage .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Retirement-V...81#entry3141981

Ah! I see. I thought (in both cases) the decision was instant but processing the paperwork (and then the stamp) could take 30 days.

Thanks for that.

The reason why you get a 30 day ‘under consideration’ stamp when applying for extension of stay based on marriage is because the extension has to be approved by committee in Bangkok that meets every week or two. The requirement is that there is proof of living together as husband and wife, and that may require a local police check. When you go back to immigration you will be given the rest of the extension (assuming extension is approved).