Which Internet Provider To Use

guzzi850m2

Hi everybody

I recently started a topic called internet gone(still is).

Today I visited the TOT office Pattaya 3rd road and explained my problem with my missing internet connection. They checked in their system and said everything is okay. They then gave me a technicians service no. I tried to get though (English) but gave up after 3 calls. My wife then called (Thai) and got though and was provided two new phone No's. One no. didn't pick up and the person on the 2nd no. told her to call the tech.service no!! :D My wife then explained that she was given this no from the Tech. service, they then agreed to pay my house a visit maybe tomorrow and hung up!! :)

They are clearly overworked and I have heard rumours about people paying money under the table in order to get speedy processing. Most of the time the speed is very bad too, so I visited the newly formed 3BB(TT&T before) internet service provider in Carrefour, and asked if they service the area I am living in and the answer was yes.

Does anybody on this forum have experience with this internet provides and if yes does it offer better service/speed than TOT??. PS we are talking about Pattaya area here.

I think TOT and 3BB are my only options here in my moo baan house.

Where exactly in Pattaya is your "moo baan house", well not exact location as in address but what is it north east south or west, other BM's might have other suggestions

North Pattaya, very close to Bangkok hospital Pattaya (same side of Sukhumvit rd), Banglamung.

dam_n you are wasteing your time if you are considering ttnt (3BB) or TOT. I moved into my house and noticed ttnt bills coming through for the ex renter. We checked the internet connection and it was disconnected, we called ttnt, visited there office and also 3BB, they all just gave us the run around telling us to either phone or go to the office. Basically they have not stopped sending bills to the house and ive now been here for 9 months(with no ttnt connection) now about 5,000 baht.

Have explained and also the girlfriend, that the ex tennants have left but they said i need to settle the bill in order to get reconnected. I let them know i just wanted the bills to stop coming to the property but they told me they will keep getting sent and when i when i asked ''there has been no connection at the house for 9 months'' there response ''yes you not pay'' i replied ''so how come you are charging every month but not supplying internet?'' they reply ''because no pay'' and look confused.

Basically after ages of pissing around, ttnt told us they have had an argument with 3BB and are not on speaking terms. They said the ex renter had contract with ttnt but as 3BB have taken over, they dont give a sh*t about previous customers.

Anyway ive been on sophon internet now for a month and had no problems, fast connection and connected 100% time with no drop outs....

Edited by Kadafi

Okay thanks for that Neverdie & Kadafi, very good info which is helpful for me. I did notice a lot of customers at 3BB at carrefour and they didn't look like they where signing up but more like "sorting out problems" :) . Well this is Thailand so I guess this is part of living here, be patient and keep your cool, which can be hard sometimes, he-he, so one service provider is proberly no better than the other one.

I will check Sophon and see if they service my area.