Nongkhai Tourist Visa Extension - My Report

I went to NongKhai yesterday to get a 30 day extension on my tourist visa.

Nothing to report on as far as travel goes, because we took a motor bike (which sucked but w/e).

I arrived at 10:30AM (yesterday was a Tuesday). There were five desks all with staff there, no one else in sight. I walked in explained I was looking to extend my tourist visa (60 day one I got in Los Angeles before coming to Thailand). They looked quickly at my passport, pointed me outside to the forms, had me fill out TM7. This took only a couple minutes to fill out.

They then made some copies (charged me 10 baht). I paid the 1900 fee and in a matter of minutes was out the door with extension. Was very simple.

I had the required photo with me. I purchased a dozen of these for 100 baht (guess extras for later, was only way they sold them) in Non Soong before I left. This was a little photo shop on the main road next to 7-11 (which is close to Non Soong market). Not sure where to get the photo or what they would have charged if didn't do this in advanced.

They did tell me that Udon immigration (at the airport) now does extensions on tourist visa and this would have saved me long travel. Whether it is true or not I don't know because I've gotten incorrect info at Thai offices many times, but is worth checking out next time i suppose. I had went to Non Khai based on recent report that this could not be done in Udon.

Anyways as far as getting the extension goes, everything was easy.

several years i have my extension of retirementvisa in NongKhai.

ONLY when I forget something i should have known in the first place thing can go rough.

I my case it has to do with "ego collision"

anyway........allways fair but strict..no complains