30 Year Lease: Obligation?

I want to buy a house in Thailand. (I have a retirement visa, although I think this is not relevant).

I know I can not own land (I do not want to go the company route).

So let us assume I build a house on land owned by a thai who gives me a 30 year lease.

Q1: is this 30 year an obligation or is the thai free to sell the land whenever he likes? (I know that then the lease does not transfer to the new owner).

Q2: there are many "shop houses" for sale in the area where I live (shop-house means a shop on the first floor and a condo on 2nd and higher floors).

How yes/no easy is it to buy a shop-house including the land (I will find a short term solution for the can not own land problem) and then have the land+shop separated from the condo with the land office? How much time.money.effort will it cost?

No guessing please but only info that you are (almost) sure about.

1. The lessor (owner) can sell the land at any time he/she wishes. A 30 year, or any properly registered, lease would be recorded on the back of the chanote and is not terminated by the sale. The new owner of the land would be required to observe the lease terms and conditions.

2. You cannot own land, with or without a shop-house/house on said land. A shop-house is not classified as a condominium by the Land Department, the rooms on the upper floors are apartments not condominiums.

3. If you can find a short term solution for the cannot own land problem, please post that solution here!

1. The lessor (owner) can sell the land at any time he/she wishes. A 30 year, or any properly registered, lease would be recorded on the back of the chanote and is not terminated by the sale. The new owner of the land would be required to observe the lease terms and conditions.

2. You cannot own land, with or without a shop-house/house on said land. A shop-house is not classified as a condominium by the Land Department, the rooms on the upper floors are apartments not condominiums.

3. If you can find a short term solution for the cannot own land problem, please post that solution here!

OK thanks IO for the clear answer.