Proof Of Income Letter

Sorry if this has been asked and answerd before but I don't recall reading it, well I wouldn't be asking if I had :D

The "Proof of Income" from British Embasy does it have to be transated into Thai?

I know practicaly everything else needs a Thai translation which we have but the letter from the Embassy is something new this year and as I applied by post I have no idea where I could get an authenticated translation in a rural area.

:)

When I renewed in September with a "Proof of Income" letter from the British Consulate here in Pattaya, no translation was needed. I can't speak for other Immigration Offices though - each may have their own rules.

Normally nothing in English needs to be translated for Immigration - only when your deal with other units of government such as the District Office. But there does seem to be one office (or person) demanding it be in both Thai and English from the Embassy - I would be very tempted to ask him to check that requirement out at the next level as it involves a foreign Embassy and do not believe they will be happy about it if it is a one man rule (as it clearly appears to be).