Sever Down ?

stats

Hi everyone...

Does any1 know why i cant access my site?

1)Cant log in FTP Fizilla

2)Cant log in Cpanel

3)cant log in Web site

Ive just sign up for their service only for 1 week....does any1 have the same problem ??

And also my hosting company 3ix.org web site have got problem some links are dead..and they too have the same problem like mine....So is this because the hosting company is having dificulties???

HOsting im using is : www.3ix.org

there is a message saying

1) www.tytusonline.com

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.tytusonline.com Port 80

2)www.tytusonline.com/xmb

Database connection error!

A connection to the Database could not be established.

Please check your username, password, database name and host.

Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

Please do let me know if its because of the system i will need to contact my hosting company..

tytus

Edited by tytus

3ix servers are in the US.

Why didn't you call Jay, he's in Thailand???

It's working now.

I've never had a prob with that co., and I have 2 sites with them...PTL  :o

Pardon my ignorance, Udon, but could you explain who (or what) is "Jay"? And how can I get info and contacts for "him"?

Edited by Morbius

Hi Udon, Tytus, hope you are well.

The server that Tytus is on experienced a hardware failure on Sunday evening, it was out for a couple of hours, it's the only time it's ever been down since being brought into service about 6 months ago. Downtime on 3iX servers is VERY rare but of course always possible, our monitoring tells us within 2 minutes if a server or one of it's services is down and our engineers will take immediate action.

You will find the 3iX service affordable but very reliable, you'll get a high level of personal experience that you will never see elsewhere, try emailing another $1 web host (or even a $10 web host) and see if you get a reply within a few hours 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with 3iX it's standard.

3iX host websites for about 20 or so TV members that I know of, but not the TV site itself.

My direct contact info is below, anyone is welcome to contact me directly to discuss their web hosting requirements or to get advice.

Regards

James

3iX

Tel: 09.7244933

Email: [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will find the 3iX service affordable but very reliable, you'll get a high level of personal experience that you will never see elsewhere, try emailing another $1 web host (or even a $10 web host) and see if you get a reply within a few hours 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with 3iX it's standard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator, I don't quite understand why this blatant promotion of a commercial web host is allowed, but not an non-commercial website link in the signature.

BTW Mr. Rockwell, I have an US$4.95 (with 2000 mb and 65 Gigs, as opposed to your pityful 500 mb/15 gb) with Surfspeedy and get almost instant replies.

Domain registration ..... US$12.95 555! Average fee is US$ 8 and even under US$5. I pay US$5.49.

And then I remember this post:

'im using the 3ix service now...but when there is a server breakdown trying to call the center from Bangkok to USA a voicemail answer...and send email regarding wanting to know if the server having a hard time not repies.. '

Not exactly the smooth operation you describe ....

Please spare us your promotional talk and keep to the point ...

Edited by sniffdog

3ix.org is good, great value for money, so to speak.

could some one suggest thai dedicated servers' hosting with rack/bandwidth/price per month? CSLoxinfo full of students, InfoNet - also ****, well - does someone use it now ?

Regards

The best service I ever had from an internet company was from Network Solutions. We had a serious problem with our work site one time when our budget host evaporated one day leaving us up shit creek without a password. I rang the Network Solutions guy in a panic - I really thought we'd lost the domain - and explained the problem and he said:

"I can help you with that".

And he did. It was the most brilliant thing a help-desk person has ever said to me (I think he had to say it twice before it sunk in). Not cheap by any means, but ######ing excellent service.

Its when things go wrong that you find out how good your provider is. If your site is important to your business then go for reliable provider. If its a play site fair enough, but it just *amazes* me that people will put business sites at risk to save a few bucks a year.

yes you are right ...If the site is just a play site then better go for the cheap...but if its going to be a business site like shopping cart,portal based forum with lots of content then a reliable host will be important...YOu pay what you get....

Besides any1 try yahoo hosting?? their plans are expensive but maybe their service are 5 star

Moderator, I don't quite understand why this blatant promotion of a commercial web host is allowed, but not an non-commercial website link in the signature.

BTW Mr. Rockwell, I have an US$4.95 (with 2000 mb and 65 Gigs, as opposed to your pityful 500 mb/15 gb) with Surfspeedy and get almost instant replies.

Domain registration ..... US$12.95 555! Average fee is US$ 8 and even under US$5. I pay US$5.49.

And then I remember this post:

'im using the 3ix service now...but when there is a server breakdown trying to call the center from Bangkok to USA a voicemail answer...and send email regarding wanting to know if the server having a hard time not repies.. '

Not exactly the smooth operation you describe ....

Please spare us your promotional talk and keep to the point ...

And your post looks like an unashamed promo for speedy..... Duh! :o