I Want To Buy A Thai Proxy Service To Play World Of Warcraft :d

bearhunt

Which region do you play in? Europe or USA?

If you play in USA there is a service called smoothping that I know some people down here use, it costs a few dollars but not much.

thanks for the reply! i have subscriptions to smoothping gamepath and lowerping, while lowerping gives me the lowest ping to US (210ms) i get the most stability from gamepath (the other two disconnect in heavy fights, like yogg25 or mimi hardmode25, or anub25 hardmode)... i think its an international bandwidth thing but the closest server any of those places have to thailand is malaysia, and it gives the best performance for me but i still get disconnected and hate to let my raid down. i KNOW that a thai proxy will give me best performance :D im so close to just renting a server so i can play this game properly.. i miss playing in the uk where i got 20ms :)

Never get disconnected here not using Thailand proxy on US servers with csloxinfo ISP.

If I use wowtunnels although not necessary as it really makes no difference the ping is 180ms.

I would think the problem lies with your choice of ISP rather than the need for a Proxy or ping lowering service.

WOW is perfectly playable without these service wit a ping under 300ms.

Never get disconnected here not using Thailand proxy on US servers with csloxinfo ISP.

If I use wowtunnels although not necessary as it really makes no difference the ping is 180ms.

I would think the problem lies with your choice of ISP rather than the need for a Proxy or ping lowering service.

i use csloxinfo too, my download speed on speedtest.net is 700mb so i suspect my hotel has a leased line :)

most encounters i dont get DC just heavy fights, like, yogg25 or anub25, you ever get problems there?

Don't get any problems but I am on CSlox SME package. (Which is a dam_n sight better than their home packages). Although a little pricey.

Ask them you would like to try the SME package for 24 hours see if they will let u and see if it makes a difference for u. I am on their 4mb SME.

SME has a much lower contention ratio and no traffic shaping / port blocking or throttling.

Edited by namoo

Don't get any problems but I am on CSlox SME package. (Which is a dam_n sight better than their home packages). Although a little pricey.

Ask them you would like to try the SME package for 24 hours see if they will let u and see if it makes a difference for u. I am on their 4mb SME.

SME has a much lower contention ratio and no traffic shaping / port blocking or throttling.

thanks a lot for the tip! im using a hotel connection with cslox as the provider im not sure if they can offer me anything more but i will try anyway :) the true 16mb connection is way worse than cslox for me.

also found this http://bcl.mine.nu/ will try it out and see if it makes a difference.

thanks a lot for the tip! im using a hotel connection with cslox as the provider im not sure if they can offer me anything more but i will try anyway :) the true 16mb connection is way worse than cslox for me.

also found this http://bcl.mine.nu/ will try it out and see if it makes a difference.

Ehhmm, let me see if I can get this right, you guys travel a zillion miles to play warcraft or witchcraft in a hotel room. You do know that there are bars with some decorative chrome poles out here, right? :D

Don't worry, I am just jealus that I never got into the gaming world....have fun.

Ehhmm, let me see if I can get this right, you guys travel a zillion miles to play warcraft or witchcraft in a hotel room. You do know that there are bars with some decorative chrome poles out here, right? :D

Don't worry, I am just jealus that I never got into the gaming world....have fun.

Well said :)

Well said :)

Thanks and maybe our gamers can become a NPC (Non Playing Character) and discover what NPC really stand for...... :D

Edited by sorensen

Wow, I've been having this problem for the longest time. Tried TRUE, and now ToT. Both are terrible. I also now know why ToT decided to have their company acronym be the smiley of a crying face.

Ping has been terrible the last few weeks with frequent disconnects, and incredible load times... just to disconnect after the loading screen.

Tried Gamepath with limited success, mostly due to highly unstable and generally low bandwidth. I get 0.23mbps on average on a 3mbps line. Looked at BCL but it seems all the instructions are in Thai. Will look up CSLoxinfo soon.

If anyone finds a solution, please update this thread! If it matters, I'm playing on a US server, Proudmoore.

• 1 month later...
Wow, I've been having this problem for the longest time. Tried TRUE, and now ToT. Both are terrible. I also now know why ToT decided to have their company acronym be the smiley of a crying face.

Ping has been terrible the last few weeks with frequent disconnects, and incredible load times... just to disconnect after the loading screen.

Tried Gamepath with limited success, mostly due to highly unstable and generally low bandwidth. I get 0.23mbps on average on a 3mbps line. Looked at BCL but it seems all the instructions are in Thai. Will look up CSLoxinfo soon.

If anyone finds a solution, please update this thread! If it matters, I'm playing on a US server, Proudmoore.

I am using doovpn.com to play World Of Warcraft it works fine, they give you a US IP address. I was also able to watch content on HULU.com.

• 3 months later...

I feel lucky when I get 500ms. it goes up to 10kms - I once saw 26k ms lag.

I am using Buddy Broadband - in Pinklao Bangkok - what are my other options?

im tired of not being able to play properly, i will order the csloxinfo sme broadband tomorrow.. 7500 baht a month for 4mbit is pretty expensive but ive heard good things everywhere will give them a shot and update the thread with my results in a week or so's time :) altho dam_n.. i could rent an apartment for the same price as that broadband!

I feel lucky when I get 500ms. it goes up to 10kms - I once saw 26k ms lag.

I am using Buddy Broadband - in Pinklao Bangkok - what are my other options?

The guy you're quoting is exaggerating, as it's technically impossible to get anything under 200ms to the US from Thailand. If you're using a SSH tunneling service and in a heavy fight it'll most likely jump around to 250-260ms. 230ish when idle (not in dal obviously). Check these out and pick one that suits you:

www.gamepath.net

www.lowerping.com

www.smoothping.com

www.wowtunnels.com

As for the OP, do not buy your super expensive internet connection just yet. I had pretty much the exact same problem as you up until recently. Read this thread and let me know if it helps, as it seems to have remedied many people's issues with lagging out in 25 man fights, including mine:

Solution to dc'ing in 25 mans

Edited by dttk0009

Wow great post! That spamaddon thing.. will try it, but it sounds like just what I need to stay connected because the spammier the fight (lots of adds and aoe etc) the more likely i get dc'd.. marrowgar i have no problem staying connected but sindragosa almost impossible to stay connected :)

i will apply for jasnet 5120 sme connection (4200 baht a month i think), they say there is maximum 10 other users sharing the bandwidth so I think for international bandwidth this package should be much better than true 16mbit which I was on before. its not quite as expensive as the 11k i was going to pay for csloxinfo's 8mbit, but should be good enough i think :D

Wow great post! That spamaddon thing.. will try it, but it sounds like just what I need to stay connected because the spammier the fight (lots of adds and aoe etc) the more likely i get dc'd.. marrowgar i have no problem staying connected but sindragosa almost impossible to stay connected :)

i will apply for jasnet 5120 sme connection (4200 baht a month i think), they say there is maximum 10 other users sharing the bandwidth so I think for international bandwidth this package should be much better than true 16mbit which I was on before. its not quite as expensive as the 11k i was going to pay for csloxinfo's 8mbit, but should be good enough i think :D

Should be ok. What the add-on does is basically block hidden whispers that are being sent to you from other players, the biggest offenders being Gearscore, pally power and healing add-ons. I found myself with True before I switched to 3bb 6Mbit fixed line, because on a True line they limit single connection download speeds to 12 kb/s or something which is why I had massive packet loss on basically any raid fight. I'm sure you know how it goes:

boss engaged

boss does first aoe move

everyone stuck in place

everyone speeds up and you cast one spell

boss does second aoe move

freezes for 50 seconds

disconnected

I went through great measures to ail this problem, including getting a state of the art router and modem, but what helped in the end was ultimately the add-on, which I only discovered after switching the internet. There's a better version of that add-on somewhere in the thread that automatically turns on when in raid and in combat instead of having to make a macro, so just read through the whole thing if you have time.

I do notice much better latency in general though, never more than 400, and it's more consistent. Download speeds are always 300+ without any download accelerator and youtube loads instantly. Can't say that I'll be going back to True crap anytime soon. Nothing but years of lies and swindle.

Anyhow, good luck with Cindy and LK. I'm taking a break from WoW at the moment and just waiting out Cata because my schedule became jam packed recently and my guild had a falling out shortly before.

CHANGE YOUR HOTEL. Its that simple.

I play WOW on True, no special programs or software, downloading torrents at 300kbs WHILE PLAYING and killing lichking 25 with no lag or DC's. 4mb connection costing me 599 baht per month.

What you need is a new internet connection, that hotel sucks, obviously.

i tried the addon which automatically blocks ppl with spammy addons and it works well! im heals I guess I would get more benefit from it as dps but now it seems very playable thanks so much!

Also I am moving out of the hotel and into a regular condo, and splashing out on an sme 8mbit csloxinfo connection. will see what kind of ping it will get me.. i ran a tool and it seems that the bandwidth on a pull through to end of combat WoW never spikes to more than 250kbps so seems a 1mbit would have been fine even, but I would guess an 8mbit package will get a higher international bw share..

actually at the moment im not sure if it will be good for my life to go back into hardcore raiding, my ingame character benefits but my IRL character deteriorates -.- hehe

I never even knew they had programs or services to lower ping, i seen smoothping but it looks to just be for some of the mmorpgs do they have a similar service that you can use for other games, like online FPS games?