North And Northeast Warned Of Summer Storm

george

People in North and Northeast warned of summer storm

BANGKOK: -- People living in Thailand's North and Northeast are warned of a possible summer storm during the Songkran festival this week.

The Meteorological Department said in a statement released by local media today that the two region could be affected by both low and high pressures passing through the kingdom over the next couple of days.

The low pressure would shoot the temperatures in the regions up to 40-41 degrees Celsius, while the high pressure could lead to raining, said the statement.

There could, therefore, be a summer storm in the country's North and Northeast, as a result, and people in the regions should be aware and prepared for it, the weather bureau warned.

--TNA 2005-04-11

I would take a bloodyhurricane right now if it meant a break in the weather.  39c at night time at the moment.

No Thanks, in storm two weeks ago I lost a 12meter canopy and broke 6 window frames. Just a cool breeze please.

Definitely some weather rolling through the Chiang Mai area at the moment. Dark clouds, thunder, strong winds and a temperature drop of about five degrees in the shade, all within the last hour. No rain yet, at least where I am. Was blazing hot here today so this relief, even if temporary, is quite welcome.

Definitely some weather rolling through the Chiang Mai area at the moment.  Dark clouds, thunder, strong winds and a temperature drop of about five degrees in the shade, all within the last hour.  No rain yet, at least where I am.  Was blazing hot here today so this relief, even if temporary, is quite welcome.

That 5 degree drop changed my hk's attitude 180 degrees :o

Ahhh, the Thai Met Office is issuing a warning, "The low pressure would shoot the temperatures in the regions up to 40-41 degrees Celsius, while the high pressure could lead to raining, said the statement."

Hey, have I got news for you! The tempertures in Surin have been in the low to mid 40's most days for the past month. If it gets any hotter I will think that I am back in Saudi, and I spent a few years there too. Surprisingly, the met charts for the area only show a maximum of 35 degrees. Who is kidding who?

:o

That 5 degree drop changed my hk's attitude 180 degrees :o

Must be great now that the mercury has dropped to about 26 degrees or so. :D

It'll be interesting to see whether we're in for more of the same tomorrow. By my measure, today was about the hottest day we've had this year thus far.

Glory Halleujahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! You got to be kidding. Going up instead of down, aahhhhhhh man is it hot, and I mean hot enough to really have some sunny side up eggs cooking on your concrete.

I cannot fathom this, usually when a cold front moves in, the hot weather gets the heave ho shove which means cooler weather after the storm.

The way I am reading this, the storm will make it hotter than it is now.

Better we not have that storm, so at least the darn temps will stay down a bit.

One sure fire way is to escape to your car, and make sure it is parked in some shade and run your A/C or your electric bill will be reaching the sky. The way the Thai houses are built here it is definitely a baking oven, since they build it with bricks and concrete. The roofs are totally exposed to the heat from the outside and trust me, you won't find any insulation up there at all. Sigh, typical of Thai builders.

They can't seem to build a roof ceiling yet. Someone has to educate these crazy chaps.

In the meantime----->

Hey coldie air, how about coming on down and give us a chilly chill so we can get some relief. If they can make rain, well thailand should find a way to make cold weather.

Don't you agree?

Daveyo

The low pressure would shoot the temperatures in the regions up to 40-41 degrees Celsius, while the high pressure could lead to raining, said the statement.

I thought it was the other way round?

High pressure, clear skies and high temps

Low pressure rain!!

I thought it was the other way round?

High pressure, clear skies and high temps

Low pressure rain!!

That is how it works generally but remember, TIT. :o

People in North and Northeast warned of summer storm 

BANGKOK: -- People living in Thailand's North and Northeast are warned of a possible summer storm during the Songkran festival this week.

The Meteorological Department said in a statement released by local media today that the two region could be affected by both low and high pressures passing through the kingdom over the next couple of days.

There could, therefore, be a summer storm in the country's North and Northeast, as a result, and people in the regions should be aware and prepared for it, the weather bureau warned.

--TNA 2005-04-11

It was 43C in the center of nakorn yesterday>

I've got a wooden house no insalation at all, great usually really cool, but this time of year it's not even worth putting the air on, a bit like a snowball in ######. Even showering out of the big water tannks as the water out of the tap is too hot!!

Generally, in more moderate climes, high pressure means sunny, clear skies and low pressure means cool temps and rain. In extreme climates, it is slightly different.

The intense heating of the surface leads to a low pressure. So as it gets hotter, the pressure lowers. With a lower pressure, you get more upflow and more upflow leads to a better chance at thunderstorms since they do not get capped so easily by higher pressure.

The intense cooling of the surface leads to higher pressure. As it gets colder, the pressure increases. The pressure of the air leads it to curb development of precip.

The weather forecast seems to be a translation. Low pressure will cause record heat, yes, but the high pressure won't cause rain. A better translation may that the low pressure and high pressure will interact causing storms.

I am not a weatherman, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.