Constructive Criticism For Lavender Lanna

Sansai Sam

A foot massage in a public room would not be sexual. Otherwise, if you aren't gay I wouldn't recommend a specifically gay massage venue to non-gays. They are almost all about squeezing out the big and I do mean big tips, wink wink nod nod, and if you made it clear you didn't want that, they would generally be quite unhappy.

The Lavender Massage website has a full price list with massages from 500 Bt up, and includes the following statement:

"The prices below are for the massage only, and a minimum tip for the masseur of 700 baht per hour of massage should be given directly to him." :)

Most other "by men for men" massages :D , of which there are around 20 in CM, operate on a similar principle, though I believe some might have lower minimum tips. Better not get into more detail here.........

Edited by Paagai

A foot massage in a public room would not be sexual. Otherwise, if you aren't gay I wouldn't recommend a specifically gay massage venue to non-gays. They are almost all about squeezing out the big and I do mean big tips, wink wink nod nod, and if you made it clear you didn't want that, they would generally be quite unhappy.

The Lavender Massage website has a full price list with massages from 500 Bt up, and includes the following statement:

"The prices below are for the massage only, and a minimum tip for the masseur of 700 baht per hour of massage should be given directly to him." :)

Most other "by men for men" massages :D , of which there are around 20 in CM, operate on a similar principle, though I believe some might have lower minimum tips. Better not get into more detail here.........

Yeah I am sure they would be OK with a 700 to 1500 baht tip to just do a (usually bad) legit massage, no problema.

Edited by Jingthing

I quit reading after a while and never saw what was my immediate thought addressed. If you wanted a straight foot massage (no pun intended), why would you pay 250 baht, twice the going rate? And pay that after you saw the premises?

Twice the going rate? Where? On the sidewalk? I pay the same at Relaxation at Airport Plaza for an indoor foot massage in a comfortable chair hopefully with nice music and a foot wash. The price was not an issue..only the service. Besides..you don't know until you try.

Twice the going rate? Where? On the sidewalk? I pay the same at Relaxation at Airport Plaza for an indoor foot massage in a comfortable chair hopefully with nice music and a foot wash. The price was not an issue..only the service. Besides..you don't know until you try.

Absolutely right, you do not know until you try. I have found that other than a place catering to the tourist (i.e., on main streets like the Night Bazaar), every place I have seen all over CNX is right at 130/hr. Last time I got one at the Airport Plaza on the ground floor but outside, under umbrellas, next to the stairs going down, it was 130 (admittedly no air). In the Rim Ping Ruam Choke Plaza, foot and/or body massage it is 130 (though only the body massage, several pallets on the floor upstairs is airconditioned). At the completely airconditioned place across the parking lot, same price. At the little shop at the corner of Chaiyaphum Soi 1 (Tuskers), it was 130. All had quiet background music and bathed the feet first.

Did I read this wrong...... 500 baht Massage and a 700baht minimum tip????

Brings back a statement made to me about 40 years ago... A friend had a job at the Wasgington Zoo, circumsising baby elephants..... didn't pay much, but the tips were big ! !

The going rate for a pedicure in Chiang Mai is 150 baht and most include a pretty decent foot and leg massage as well. While the massage part doesn't last for an hour, at least I leave with my toenails trimmed, calloused skin filed off, nail cuticles cut or pushed back and toenails buffed. I could have the toenails painted a pretty color, too, but I turn down that part. No need to draw attention to my bunions!