Thaksin's New Passport Name: Takki Shinegra

webfact

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how long it will be before this story is shown to be just another sad PR stunt by the Foreign Ministry, as they know no Thai journalists will bother to fact check before printing it.

Seeing as the report mentions 'several African countries' having given him a new passport and then lists Nicaragua, Uganda and Montenegro as the countries in question, I have my doubts about it's accuracy.

So this means, and I never knew it was this easy; "original name" has was a warrant for his/her arrest. By changing name tags, we don't recognize the person because we can't get past the name tag? And therefore, they become invisible, or can't legally be arrested, because no one is anything more than a name?

Thai politics, aka ludicrous, that doesn't make sense either I gather. :) oy!

Reminds me of an article on the Bangkok Post last weekend by the title "Catch me if you want, but you don't want to, do you?" or something to that effect. The author provides reasonable arguments toward the claim that the Thai govt (the one that calls itself the govt now) deliberately avoids catching him. This story is in favour of that view...why didn't I ever think of it now?? makes a lot of sense.

Wonder how long it will be before this story is shown to be just another sad PR stunt by the Foreign Ministry, as they know no Thai journalists will bother to fact check before printing it.

Seeing as the report mentions 'several African countries' having given him a new passport and then lists Nicaragua, Uganda and Montenegro as the countries in question, I have my doubts about it's accuracy.

Read, people. Read. Where does it say or even hint at Nicaragua, Uganda and Montenegro being African countries? Bats.

Edited by robenroute

So this means, and I never knew it was this easy; "original name" has was a warrant for his/her arrest. By changing name tags, we don't recognize the person because we can't get past the name tag? And therefore, they become invisible, or can't legally be arrested, because no one is anything more than a name?

Reminds me of an article on the Bangkok Post last weekend by the title "Catch me if you want, but you don't want to, do you?" or something to that effect. The author provides reasonable arguments toward the claim that the Thai govt (the one that calls itself the govt now) deliberately avoids catching him. This story is in favour of that view...why didn't I ever think of it now?? makes a lot of sense.

I think ultimately Thai Gov DOES NOT want Takki in Thailand. Why? Because even he is not in Thailand, he can create such a damage in the Thai society already. If he is captured, put in jail, I can see a riot between the Red, yellow and other groups.

That's why Thai Gov. never pursue him, but keep him far away from Thailand.

'Takki/Tacky' by nature now by name.

The global media presents him as a fool in the global media, and the Thai government appears equally helpless in its clueless attempt to capture him.

On the international stage Thailand is portrayed as a weak and ineffectual regime; which is not true. However, unless Khun Abhisit acts decisively the portrayal will persist and the country's repuation will be damaged forever.

When did you leave this stage?

Who said 'weak and ineffective'? (if this is what you mean)

Who said this is not true?

What reputation? (if this is what you mean)

Wake up, buddy... And get off the international stage, please :)

I would like an official moderator ruling on whether we are allowed now to refer to Thaksin as

Takki Shinegra

or

Takki

as it is against forum rules to refer to politicians in anything other than their actual names (nicknames are verbotten).

As he has named himself

Takki Shinegra

or

Takki

it seems reasonable now for us to be allowed to do the same here on this forum.

Ruling please?

As it is his passport name is should be allowed.

or maybe call him "The Thakki formerly known as Shinawatra"

i agree the most peaceful outcome of this is for Takki to give up the ghost and live quietly in exile enjoying the money he still will have after the court ruling. That is what a normal disgraced corrupt Thai ex-PM would do. Somehow I don't think he will ever accept his defeat, it is a shame because the result is so destructive.

'Takki/Tacky' by nature now by name.

The global media presents him as a fool in the global media, and the Thai government appears equally helpless in its clueless attempt to capture him.

On the international stage Thailand is portrayed as a weak and ineffectual regime; which is not true. However, unless Khun Abhisit acts decisively the portrayal will persist and the country's repuation will be damaged forever.

Do we need a pom newbie commenting on Thai politics ? ( it is REPUTATION Jack )

The Takki story.

You know, you really couldn't make this stuff up.

I am eagerly awaiting a major Hollywood movie along with a Broadway musical on the lines of Evita!

What to name it? Why, Takki, or course. Or perhaps Redshirts!

Who should play Takki?

I propose Jack Nicholson --

post-37101-1259131259_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

Runaway ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra has used new name in his passports issued by some African countries, Thai Vice foreign minister Panich Vikitsreth said Wednesday.

Thaksin's name in passports issued by Nicaragua, Uganda and Montenegro has been changed to "Takki Shinegra," he said.

Well Known African Countries :)

I'm inclined to agree with the reasoning of that article also. I mean, he was allowed to leave initially. Added to this any protests or civil disobedience that pops up only strenghtens the current govt and military's hand as they can invoke the ISA.