Beef Noodle Soup

Twin

Now that the weather is a little cooler than a bowl of soup, can you recommend your favorite place for this?

Also, can anyone help with the correct Thai pronounciation?

I've heard several, and none seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

My favourite place was the original “Thaisiam” restaurant opposite Siam Paragon. They’ve since closed that restaurant and expanded to numerous locations around Bangkok. It’s the restaurant with a fat red coloured pig holding a trident out front and boat shaped kitchen. Unfortunately while still good I don’t think the newer restaurants match the original place. #3 on the menu is what I order.

My new favourite is a tiny place on the lower floor of Fortune city. I don’t know the name but the soup is great. It’s located about halfway between the hotel and supermarket on the left side as you walk from the hotel.

There are some great little places along the canals too. Follow the Uni students, they know a good deal when they see it. The staff walk around the restaurants with trays of soup. The bowls are small and about 10 Baht each. Grab them as you need them. It’s common to see tables with a dozen or more empty bowls.