30 Days Extension Still Possibile ?

Last year I wanted a 17 day extension so went to the immigration office in Jomtien filled out the correct form even took my flight ticket and was offered 7 days

I went to Cambodia and got 90 days because of my 1 year multi entry, 800 baht to the visa company, 1000 baht to Cambodia, Thailand made nothing, now how crazy is that

I know they want to stop illegal workers but its beyond me how they would rather cut off their nose to spite their face, with the number of farang going to the borders every day Thailand is missing out on a serious amount of money

TIT and nothing surprises me any more :)

Thanks for the info, Can i do this in the order i like or do i have to use my secend entry before i do the extantion.

When i do my visa run the get my second 60days can i just go over the borde and back or do i have to stay over night ?

Im not so informed on the new visa rules

/Symon

You do not have to do the extension - if you do after the first 60 days you just need to be sure you return before visa expires for the second entry of 60 days and if you want another extension of 30 days. Most 2 entry visas in the area are only valid for 90 days from day of issue. All entries have to be made before that time.

Yes you can just enter/exit other country and return same hour.

The only info i cant find on my visa is ( Enter before 27Feb 2010) cant find any experation date is that normal ?

If i want to stay longer then my visa covers whats the easyest way to go about now ?

Go to a near by country and get a new turist visa at the embassy ?

/Symon

You need to do a border run and re-enter the Kingdom by 26TH FEB at the latest. That will activate your second entry and give you a new 60 day permission to stay. The permission to stay date is what is important; it does not matter that your visa has expired. You can then extend that permission to stay at immigration for a further 30 days. In all you can get nearly 6 months stay from the visa.

You need to do a border run and re-enter the Kingdom by 26TH FEB at the latest. That will activate your second entry and give you a new 60 day permission to stay. The permission to stay date is what is important; it does not matter that your visa has expired. You can then extend that permission to stay at immigration for a further 30 days. In all you can get nearly 6 months stay from the visa.

:) Is there any difference between border crossing on land way (15 day) and by airplane (30 days). Thank you

:) Is there any difference between border crossing on land way (15 day) and by airplane (30 days). Thank you

If you are entering with a Tourist Visa, it doesn't make any difference, you would receive a 60 day stay. The 15/30 days are for are for visa exempt entries.

Edited by beechguy

If you are entering with a Tourist Visa, it doesn't make any difference, you would receive a 60 day stay. The 15/30 days are for are for visa exempt entries.

:D Thank you BEECHGUY I own you a beer. Thai visa law is not such transparent and permanent in change, so not easy to follow up !!!

Edited by thaibear1