Samui, Phuket, Koh Tao?

stringer

Hello. I've just decided to take a couple of weeks off in mid-May (quite possibly a few months) and will be staying in the area - so any suggestions would be very welcome - question is, where? Phuket, Samui, Koh Tao?

Is it better to book somewhere in advance, or would I be better off getting a place for a few nights then looking around on the ground? How do such rates compare to going thru, for example, sawadee.com?

I'm looking for somewhere for a few nights of chilled-out luxury the first few nights, preferably with a nice quiet beachfront location. Any recommendations? Any views on the relative merits of Phuket vs Samui vs Koh Tao, Phang Nga etc welcome.

I'm not into the beer bar scene from what I've read (I could be wrong!), but any tips on the more chilled out bar scene would be appreciated.

I will be travelling alone for most of my stay - any alternative ways of meeting women apart from the bar girls?

One more thing - will be buying an acoustic guitar en route - better to shop in Bangkok for that?

cheers,

Stringer

I'm not into the beer bar scene from what I've read (I could be wrong!), but any tips on the more chilled out bar scene would be appreciated.

I will be travelling alone for most of my stay  - any alternative ways of meeting women apart from the bar girls?

One more thing - will be buying an acoustic guitar en route - better to shop in Bangkok for that?

cheers,

Stringer

"I will be travelling alone for most of my stay - any alternative ways of meeting women apart from the bar girls?" Slim to none for a tourist. More likely to win the Mega Ball Lottery.

You might me better off trying another place if your not into the beer bar scene and looking to chill out. Thailand is a high stress zone and #1 in beer bars.

If your looking for a non BG possibly try The Philippines, they have good guitars there also.

Hello. I've just decided to take a couple of weeks off in mid-May (quite possibly a few months) and will be staying in the area - so any suggestions would be very welcome -  question is, where? Phuket, Samui, Koh Tao?

Is it better to book somewhere in advance, or would I be better off getting a place for a few nights then looking around on the ground? How do such rates compare to going thru, for example, sawadee.com?

I'm looking for somewhere for a few nights of chilled-out luxury the first few nights, preferably with a nice quiet beachfront location. Any recommendations? Any views on the relative merits of Phuket vs Samui vs Koh Tao, Phang Nga etc welcome.

I will be travelling alone for most of my stay  - any alternative ways of meeting women apart from the bar girls?

cheers,

Stringer

I am doing the same thing but i am staying samui for a month and phuket for another month although i met someone on match.com the internantional part and she is meeting me at the airport . I planned the first night stay in Bkk and then will search for hotel the next day . from what i hear you will have no problem finding a hotel in either places since it is low season and phuket tourist are down as well. wow sonthaya is very pretty by the way , thats the girl who posted here. :o