Can A Nearly-empty Airbus Travel 9000 Miles Without Refueling?

PeaceBlondie

According to this, an A 340 can do so...yes:

"The Airbus A340 is a long-range four-engined wide-body commercial passenger airliner manufactured by Airbus, a subsidiary of EADS. It seats between 261 and 380 passengers, and has a range between 6,700 and 9,000 NM (12400 to 16600 km)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A340

So: I assume you're not lying if you write that an Airbus with 4 passengers flew nonstop 9,000 NM (or 16,600 km) without refueling . Who are the 4 passengers PB......?......:)

Here's some more info about Airbus:

http://www.airbus.com/en/

LaoPo

http://www.airbus.com/en/utilities/faqs.html

Your best answer is from Airbus it's self.. Plus, which Aircraft or type of Airbus you answer for ????

Here is a link that may help.......

Airbus has a current product line-up of 14 jet aircraft types, ranging from 100 seats to 525 seats.For more information about individual Airbus aircraft, go to Aircraft Families....

A380 has a range of 8000 mile / 12,874.8 Km

post-53057-1259199771_thumb.jpg

HS-TYR is an Airbus A319-115X CJ with a range ~ 6,500 nautical miles. This is the aircraft purchased by the Thai Air Force during PM Shinawatra’s term(s). During/after the coup (Sep., ’06) there were rumors that is left Thailand fully loaded with bags and ended up at HEL. It was originally named “Thai Koo Fah”.

AFAIK it is not used much and it is currently at DMK.

Learjet is a subsidiary of Bombardier; maybe better to use a G5?

Edited by lomatopo

Thanks, everybody. I guess they'll fly a Learjet to Costa Rica, and then the Airbus will refuel at Winnipeg. Just too far from San Jose to Xantara. Not essential to go nonstop after all.

The passengers are Martin Miller, 2 princes from Xantiak, and a transgendered hair stylist.

I'm already intrigued!!! Can't wait to read!

Thanks, everybody. I guess they'll fly a Learjet to Costa Rica, and then the Airbus will refuel at Winnipeg. Just too far from San Jose to Xantara. Not essential to go nonstop after all.

The passengers are Martin Miller, 2 princes from Xantiak, and a transgendered hair stylist.

I'm already intrigued!!! Can't wait to read!

Later, "Carly Simon quipped, “Martin’s so vain, he flew his Lear jet to northern Xantiahk to see the totally gay Xantese boy!” :)

Qantas A330 delivery flight - over 16,000 km non-stop - Toulouse to Sydney.

http://www.eads.com/1024/en/investor/News_...109_qantas.html

The same link mentions a direct flight in an A340 - Paris to Auckland.

I would also swear I remember an A380 test flight from Toulouse to either Auckland or Sydney, but I can't find an article about it, so my memory might be playing tricks on me...

What name do you write under?

What has this go tto do with Thailand or did I miss something?

HAHA

Any way...... did the Los Angeles to Singapore direct route with SQ on the A340 - 17.5 hours non-stop. kitted out in Premium Economy ( so not full load ).

A320's and 330's can make it to Australia with a full load from BKK - thats a 9 hour flight.