about it's citizens.

If I was overseas and in trouble,

I know which one I'd like to be able

to go and get help from.

I honestly cannot see the problem in the

warning.

Regards

Will

The Consulate gave the sound advise one would give to a family member. The PM said he was coming. The Red shirts said they would greet him. People makes plans in advance. They Consulate passed the information when they had it. They should have waited???

Why only the american consulate coming out with a warning? Are they the only country that cares about its citizens? What about the rest of us not from america, why haven't our embassies warned us? Who is likely to be acting most improperly, the US embassy, or every single other nation in the world?

After the Bali bombings and with many Australians killed and wounded the Aus Gov issue warning to its citizens not to go there. I am not sure all countries followed suit, my memory has failed me there however it is standard practice for Consulates to issue warnings if they belive problems are likely to occur. They can then take the high ground afterwards and say "dont say we didnt warn you" In many cases its a bum covering exercise. I think in CMs case it may have been a little premature but maybe their advice, from people on the ground here, was that Abhisit would not bow to threats from a few thugs and not the CM people as a whole. I believe that most decent Thai's are sick to death of the unrest and this is born out in some surveys that show suport for both sides is waning.

Femi fan what is your problem any way?

So you're not American. Well I am, and proud of it, but I still do not go around blowing my horn about America r Americans.

there is a lot my country's gov't does that I do not agree with..... but that is life.

Your apparent dislike or Americans, or anything American is blatently obvious. So obvious, in fact that it seems to be blinding your common sense, of which I hope you have some.

I don't have a problem, but thanks for asking.

Certainly not with the average american, my life happens to be richer for knowing more than a few living here in chiang mai. The only thing i don't like is the american government, mainly because they are normally killing off plenty of the world's people.

If anyone is blind round here, perhaps it's you, since what you say is blatantly obvious about me is in fact not true. Since i can remember i have never stopped speaking out over the abuses that the US and UK commit on the world stage. There are others, yes, but none who lecture to the world about how to be free and live freely.

Do american people really need a warning from their consulate in order to act properly? I doubt it, for i don't think americans have a common sense deficiency.

A protest in an american or european city is much more likely to erupt in violence than any here in thailand. Do americans need warnings in their own backyard? No. They just get on with life using their nous.

Do american people really need a warning from their consulate in order to act properly?

With the numbers of travelers who constantly ignore the possibility of dangers in foreign countries, camping alone on beaches is one such example, I would say yes. On top of that the amount who come in who are ignorant to culture or just don't care surprises me. When you have people who can't understand why it might be a bad idea to wear a miniskirt to a temple, or take pictures on buddha statues you have wonder if they're smart enough to "act properly" without their consulate stepping in.

On a side note, more often than not the CM US consulate gave me a headache.

The Consulate gave the sound advise one would give to a family member. The PM said he was coming. The Red shirts said they would greet him. People makes plans in advance. They Consulate passed the information when they had it. They should have waited???

Why only the american consulate coming out with a warning? Are they the only country that cares about its citizens? What about the rest of us not from america, why haven't our embassies warned us? Who is likely to be acting most improperly, the US embassy, or every single other nation in the world?

After the Bali bombings and with many Australians killed and wounded the Aus Gov issue warning to its citizens not to go there. I am not sure all countries followed suit, my memory has failed me there however it is standard practice for Consulates to issue warnings if they belive problems are likely to occur. They can then take the high ground afterwards and say "dont say we didnt warn you" In many cases its a bum covering exercise. I think in CMs case it may have been a little premature but maybe their advice, from people on the ground here, was that Abhisit would not bow to threats from a few thugs and not the CM people as a whole. I believe that most decent Thai's are sick to death of the unrest and this is born out in some surveys that show suport for both sides is waning.

Can there be peace without justice?