Driving To B'kok From Phuket

macahoom

Not sure if this should be in the Phuket or B’kok forum.

I plan to drive to Bangkok from Phuket.

In a perfect world I would like to stay in a 3-4 star Bangkok hotel which is located on the outskirts of the city (ideally on the road in from Phuket) and also close to an MRT or BTS station. My idea is to leave the car in the hotel car park and go shopping for four days using the MRT or BTS to get me into the centre of town.

Is this doable, or do the MRT and BTS only operate in the city centre?

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

The only BTS that really extends to the outskirts is the new extension to the airport.. I think its out past Rhamkangheng and read it was starting services (already ??) but thats the wrong side of the city for you.

Really with a GPS its not so hard to get to a hotel in the inner city to park up.

Not really 3-4 star, but OK in my opinion:

Swiss Inn or Manhattan Hotel. I have stayed there a few times and got there by car. They both have a car park, and are easy to reach from the Tollway and once there close to the BTS.

Hi there,

Do yourself a favour and get a map of BTS and MRT - you will see that they operate in the city center. Almost every hotel on any map has a car-park so you can pick any one which is close to a station. There are a gazilion hotel booking websites, all with pictures so you can pick the one which looks right for you.

Have done this before. Asia Hotel at Ratchathevi normally allow guest parking for as long as they stay. You can walk out of the hotel at one above ground straight onto the Skytrain Platform.

Then there's the great accommodation with comfy bed and the best breakfast in Bangkok